Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I disagree. I average around 500 -513 dmg with Radiga at level 13 now that doesnt sound close to fortetechers dmg at all but its effective. Like when the volfu gather up. I said I play 60/40 and my job is not to nuke or to deal great damage that fortetechers and fortefighters deal thats impossible.

If you split wartecher down the middle as a human i can play as both sides depending on the party and what is lacking that determines my style of play. I keep all buffs on my wands and have Ulteri for my ranged ready with all bullets. 3 Kikami's on pallette changeable from ice or fire.

Pallette looks like this:

Melee slot 3 melee weapons interchangeable in there
    deljagnus lightning 18%, sharp twins ice 18%, Ryo-misaki fire 24% Ulteri

Second slot Kikami, here goes either Ga-Misaki 35% dark, Giza-Misaki 24% fire, mimmi-zashi 15% ground

Next Kikami Attack wand Lidra usually either Nosdiga lvl 14 Diga lvl 19, Radiga lvl 13, Foie lvl 20, Razonde just got lightning spells lvl 7, Noszonde lvl 6

Next is almost always ice kikami, deband any combo Dambarta 20, Rabarta 12, or zalure if called for

Next is kikami cane (4)shifta 14 and zodial 14,

Then rail gun(5) Crozara(6) resta lvl 16 and retier 13

Tell me how i sound gimped? I have every possible situation covered. I was the only techer in a party of fortefighter 78, guntecher 80, figunner 72, fortegunner 78, it was 5 of us and finished Seabed S2 in 15 minutes. Once i buff and debuff I assess the enemies and where im at and decide then to attack with spells or melee. Depending on amounts of enemies and other factors usually when in the big room I equip bow and attack from distance. Sometimes I just peck at the enemies with my gun and resta the party if we are spread then.

Im sorry I am not wartecher trying to reach attack dmg of forte's and heal when everyone is hurting. It depends on party and needs. Everyone plays different but im sure if you ask ppl here that have played with me they will probably not say i play gimped.

Also just because I say I am 60/40 I never said that i was unable to Melee before telling me im gimped. Also im sure many can attest that play style determines alot there are some fortetechers that focus on attacking more support second i dont think about how they are suppose to play i dont know dont care How they play it when im there is what matters. I just adjust some fortetechers forget to buff or cant reach someone that is close to dying if im with a techer that you can tell forgets to buff or if ppl are scattered i will try to spot buff when the disappear i step in just to help the techer and help the fighters up front when i need to. Plus sometimes I will peck with my little rain gun and watch health bars. And let the Fortetecher do their nuking its not something that is said or agreed upon it just happens that way.

You do have situations covered, except that your melee damage trounces your tech damage. You do about 2x the damage using melee. My NEWMAN wartecher does more damage with melee than techs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

Don't know where you get 2x the damage, I'm using a human wartecher too.
    Depends on the enemy your facing, dambarta kills a mob of tightly packed delsebans a hell of a lot quicker than any melee weapon would. I think its pretty even actually. (IMO)

On 2007-04-18 09:52, mll wrote:
    Don't know where you get 2x the damage, I'm using a human wartecher too.
    Depends on the enemy your facing, dambarta kills a mob of tightly packed delsebans a hell of a lot quicker than any melee weapon would. I think its pretty even actually. (IMO)
    The figure comes from a newman wartecher who does more damage with 4-star twin daggers than with a grinded 6-star TW wand.
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.

Yes but what situation? That is what it seems is forgotten alot. Are you against melee resistant or tech resistant mobs? So if I use twin daggers against oh a Tenghogh instead of foie or a bow. Then i will kill it faster? No i dont think so. Or if im fighting a Poravohlla I would definitely kill it faster than if i kill it with diga? Or even Gohmons i should get in there with the daggers and when they star freezing me just heal myself or reverser even. Then go back to daggers. right Im really helping the party then. But if there are 2 fi's or some ff's in there keeping them distracted maybe i use attack spell splash damage to hurt 2 or 3 of them.

You are probably right also that melee does beat tech for wt. But that doesnt mean every situation means run head first into jarba's and start whaling away good luck with that dambarta. I understand these numbers and figures to some degree. But that is like telling a figunner not to use guns at all because there melee will outshine. Maybe in perfect world=perfect outcome. But in my opinion wartecher is depends on the party.

Why limit myself? We are partying and fortetecher drops and leaves party Oh hey everyone I only have Shifta and Zodial that will have to do!!! Sorry im only a wartecher thats all i should use. Hell no. I am not limited because I can out melee one enemy with one attack over teching. I can do both.

So if you want to wartech and run around buffing shifta and zodial or maybe your one of the rares that has all 4 and just heal be my guest. But I can do that and everything else while you keeps skills and pa's from other job classes that you switch to. My skills list will be melee and tech.

Fighting tengohs? Grab a bow. You'll outdamage your techs yet again.

Fighting Gohmons with techs? LMAO!? They're tech-resistant. WT's techs aren't going to do respectable damage. Period.

Besides, humans and newmans do more damage with high-ATP weapons than with twin daggers since they have low base ATP. I used twin daggers for an example because they do the LEAST damage of my weapon set.

Ever-Changing Gemini

He didn't directly say that he was using techs on Gohmons,
    Or even Gohmons i should get in there with the daggers and when they star freezing me just heal myself or reverser even. Then go back to daggers. right Im really helping the party then.
    Tengohgs are super easy to hit with techs, which can go up to 20 (not that I know tech damage is actually like that high, I have zero techs at 20 on any of my characters). Bows/Bullets cap at 10, just before they get a happy elemental bonus. : Only advantage is the fire rate - and flinch. (Knock down pesky birdy! Yarr!)

The situation is the key, and not just with the defenses of the beasties, but also what weapons you have available to you. I personally don't have any Ulteri. I do have a couple Mamjiras (sp?) and want to raise my techs. (All my melee are maxed at 20, same with my bullets at 10.) I also have pretty crappy percents on my twin daggers.

Note: I'm not complaining, just illustrating the kind of situations I deal with as a WT and what else goes in to consideration when I decide what to use to deal damage: techs or weapons? Or perhaps the team is lacking a force and I can serve as a medic and hand out buff muffins on the fly, tagging with Gi-techs ('cause that's what my WT has) and/or a debuff. Or maybe you emptied your only bow on (insert ranged-damage weak beastie here) and don't have a photon charge to burn, so you supplement with some tech or melee...or vice-versa.

In short, a lot of things can influence what is "best" to use at any given moment. The beauty of the WT is that you have that flexibility.
    (Ick, sorry for the longish post. )

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-04-18 15:24, Gamemako wrote:
    Fighting tengohs? Grab a bow. You'll outdamage your techs yet again.

Fighting Gohmons with techs? LMAO!? They're tech-resistant. WT's techs aren't going to do respectable damage. Period.

Besides, humans and newmans do more damage with high-ATP weapons than with twin daggers since they have low base ATP. I used twin daggers for an example because they do the LEAST damage of my weapon set.
    hey Gamemako, diga causes silence. Megiverse causes confusion. Ever seen the chaos that ensues when a gaggle of Gohmons gets confused? Grab the store's 28% ice armor and a mega rainbow and give it a try. Fun for the whole family.