Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2007-04-18 15:24, Gamemako wrote:
    Fighting tengohs? Grab a bow. You'll outdamage your techs yet again.

Fighting Gohmons with techs? LMAO!? They're tech-resistant. WT's techs aren't going to do respectable damage. Period.

Besides, humans and newmans do more damage with high-ATP weapons than with twin daggers since they have low base ATP. I used twin daggers for an example because they do the LEAST damage of my weapon set.
    Wrong. Bow using ice against tengoughs as a 65/10 is about 450 damage - Diga does 700-800 without Retier, and is almost as fast with a me/quick. And I don't even have Diga at 20.

Note: I'm not complaining, just illustrating the kind of situations I deal with as a WT and what else goes in to consideration when I decide what to use to deal damage: techs or weapons? Or perhaps the team is lacking a force and I can serve as a medic and hand out buff muffins on the fly, tagging with Gi-techs ('cause that's what my WT has) and/or a debuff. Or maybe you emptied your only bow on (insert ranged-damage weak beastie here) and don't have a photon charge to burn, so you supplement with some tech or melee...or vice-versa.

In short, a lot of things can influence what is "best" to use at any given moment. The beauty of the WT is that you have that flexibility.

Yes If you arent trying techs on tengogh(sp?) how do you know it doesnt work. Foie burn on tengogh nice tick damage. This sums it all up in a nut shell. If you dont have techs at your disposal as a wartecher then are limiting yourself and im not talking about the occasional diga, foie. Terrain is key also if you are having a jolly ole time with your twin daggers on 1 volfu while i radiga 3 of them at 76/10 with radiga lvl 13 for +500 be my guest but I think in that situation i will be more effective and outdamage. But this depends on if the room is small or large enemies scattered or not. Tell me how well your bow does or your daggers do on forrest infiltration against the robot mobs. While i razonde lvl 8 for 375-400 3 of them?

Yeah, Burn is nifty tick damage. A shame that our Foie caps at a Lv 3 Burn, rendering it largely useless against anything you'd actually want to go to the trouble of burning. The sad fact about wartecher is that our melee has more potential than our teching a thousand times over. If you're seriously outdamaging your melee so often, your weapons aren't up to snuff.

Its not that but there are several melee resistant mobs and tech resistant mobs. That you will never find me lacking against any. Robots its said to see a wartecher picking at a robot for terrible damage cause they have no attack techs no lightning. I pulled my deljagnus out and imagined if they were higher percentage the cost and would all that really the much more. It wouldnt. Pulls out razonde and hit for 443 3 robots and my razonde is only level 8 level 8. I think many wartechers just didnt really test to see what there techs are capable of. Just heals and buffs. There is a situation that will present its self several times over where your melee just wont be more effective than your techs and vice verse. Why limit is the point if you are staying wartecher as your main and not saving pa slots for old jobs you may go back to why not. My job is wartecher and thats all i will be here and expansion. I keep my skills accordingly. My twin freezes disappear from days as fi and a tech or skill replace them.

Yes, there are enemies in this game that are melee and tech resistant. However, there are not nearly enough to justify being a wartecher that *concentrates* on techs.

True I agree with that but I am talking about concentrate compared to most wt that buff and debuff. But really it all comes down to situation and staying flexible. To not have any attack techs or just a foie or a diga is not being flexible

Here's what I said in the other thread, it's more applicable here...

Shimasaru, you haven't done the math here - or you haven't even tried it. Barring outrageous (44%+) Spears, using Dus Robado as a female human WT 65/10 is about 1200 to 3 monsters - provided I don't miss. Renkai, it's about 1400 to 2 monsters and 600 to another one. With Gi-technics at 11+, I can deal 1000-1200 in the same time to up to 6 monsters, and that's not counting elemental weakness - I think that 6 monster limit, plus the chance of an SE, counts for more than waving around my spear.

Hell, even using my friend's 50% Light spear, I do only about 1600 with Dus Robado to dark enemies in S-rank.

The nice thing about using Gi Technics for crowds is that it saves my spear PP for Dus Daggas, and my twin dagger PP for Jinren. So everybody wins! Except the monsters.

I only recently decided to start using Gi Technics and I'm pleasantly surprised - I agreed with the mass majority that Technics were pretty much pointless for WT, except for Diga against Tengouhgs.

No good lightning techniques to fight robots?

Shifta, Zalure, lightning weapon/bow/cards.

Versatility and adaptability are the point of being a Wartecher in the first place. Using any means you have available is just common sense.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Yea but there damage doesnt compare on the robots with bow card or melee weapon. Especially when they are grouped together. Believe me I tried it with Ryno debuffs lol. And I just didnt compare to the numbers i was putting up with razonde

On 2007-04-18 17:52, imfanboy wrote:
    On 2007-04-18 15:24, Gamemako wrote:
    Fighting tengohs? Grab a bow. You'll outdamage your techs yet again.

Fighting Gohmons with techs? LMAO!? They're tech-resistant. WT's techs aren't going to do respectable damage. Period.

Besides, humans and newmans do more damage with high-ATP weapons than with twin daggers since they have low base ATP. I used twin daggers for an example because they do the LEAST damage of my weapon set.
    Wrong. Bow using ice against tengoughs as a 65/10 is about 450 damage - Diga does 700-800 without Retier, and is almost as fast with a me/quick. And I don't even have Diga at 20.
    First, bullshit. A human sure as hell isn't doing more tech damage than a newman. Second, bows are MUCH faster than tech casting even with a har/quick which will eat yet another chunk of damage that you don't have. Fourth, in all my days I've killed a few hundred tengohs with lots of foie 20 (I'm a newman and my bow is ungrinded 3-star) and I've seen burn apply exactly THREE TIMES. I have never had a tech apply any other status to a tengoh. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN.

On that note, WTs techs rarely apply statuses. I have a good level gifoie, and it never -- ever -- EVER applies burn (out of its piddly burn level 2). I don't have megiverse, so I won't comment on it.

And as for a single Volfu, try pulling out that 595-ATP Buccaneer or a 576-ATP Seva Falsan with a good percent (and those are ungrinded stats). You idiots need to stop saying LOLTWINDAGGERS and consider that there are SIX SLOTS ON THE PALETTE. I can outdamage techs with a REGULAR COMBO.

I have plenty of techs as a NEWMAN wartecher, but I still do more with melee. Humans have more ATP and less TP by a good spell. You're not going to out-tech a newman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.