Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How's this for a kicker, I was currently making a run offline Ultimate with my Purplenum HUmar in Caves 2, I run into a Pouilly Slime, I gapsed for air thinking im gonna get a rare off this red slime, when i finally single him out I kill him and "YES" he certainly does drop an item, but it isnt RED that's for certain. He drops a MIND MATERIAL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2002-12-11 05:57 ]</font>

Not surprising. Ultimate enemies have a lower drop ratio than their counterparts in other modes... I believe some are lower than others if the item is more valuable (been hearing AGITO is not common for PINKAL, while almost everyone else usually gets a red box from a Pal Rappy)

Slave To Sega

I'm a Pinkal -

A Sinow on V Hard dropped me a fake Agito last week.

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

I guess I was lucky as all hell to have gotten my Demolition Comet the way I did.

I was in Ultimate Caves specifically looking for Mil Lillies. Everytime I found a pair of lillies, I'd ryuker up and down. If I didn't get a Mil by the fiftieth ryuker, I'd kill the bastards and move onto the next room. I did this for three sets of lillies and I was getting REAL tired of the whole thing.

I said to myself, "I'm going to walk into the next room and if I get any rares other than slicers, even if it's a stinking Varista, I'll keep playing. If I don't, I'm gonna ryuker back to Pioneer 2, sell my crap and quit for the night."

So I walked into the room...and what just happens to spawn but a Mil Lilly! Yeehaw lil' doggy! I let it have a few shots from my raygun then I cut it apart with my doublesaber. It dropped a red box. Not daring to believe, I grabbed it and saw it had a little sword icon. I said to myself "this had better not be a &#*@(*% Diska" and equipped it. The weapon appeared in my hand and I was like...what the heck is that? It looked so short, almost like a stick or something.

So I gave it an experimental swing.

W to the 00t! The stick expanded on either side and those uber-cool purple shards appeared! And it even sounded like a doublesaber! I just love the way it looks so non-threatening (unlike, say, a Dragon Slayer) until you use it! I checked my ATP...sheeeit this thing gives +530ATP base! That completely owns the most powerful single-combat weapon I have, which is a Yamato +60, not to mention that the Demo Comet is a doublesaber-type weapon! Then I noticed it had a special attack...curious to find out, I tried it on a Pan Arms and I find out, to my pleasant surprise, that it either halves or quarters HP! Needless to say, the rest of the night was spent playing with it.

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

There is hope. It just takes patients. Got a yaskminkov 3000 in ulti mines offline with my greenhill, a frozen shooter offline ultimate with my purplenum which has since been converted into a snow queen. Found a Guardwave off a pal rappy doing the pipe trick in Fake in Yellow. Spy found a yaskminkov 3000 that droped in one of my games. He's also gotten a spread needle in the jungle.

Those rares are out there. It just takes some time...

Lurker

I am so tired of discas of liberator with my redria that I just leave them when I find them. If I kept them I would have 30 in the bank. But at least my skyly found a graviton plate and a s-beats arms last night. I am playing multiple IDs to maximize my rare finds.

On 2002-12-10 10:43, Elusive_Llama wrote:
    Every Section ID's got their crappy common rares. Try being an Oran sometime, you'll be up to your neck in Cross Scars and Bloody Arts by the time you get to Ultimate. At least you can pawn off your Slayers for PDrops. The daggers... well... no.

It could always be worse. You could be Redria and be plagued by the Diska of Braveman and Slicer of Assassin.
    I was fighting through VHard Ruins. Got to a Chaos Bringer. I cut him down with my Gae Bolg and he dropped a red item. I was like "OMG a C-Bringer's Arm!". I ran over, grabbed it and equipped it.

DISKA OF LIBERATOR

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! GRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Just a few days ago...fighting the Sil Dragon. Beat him like a drum. He drops a red item. Run over to pick it up.

DISKA OF BRAVEMAN

At least Dragon Slayers can be traded for something useful...Diskas are worthless because nobody will give you anything for them! I just dumped 3 Diska of Liberator, 1 Slicer of Assassin and a bunch of Laconium Clubs in a newb game because they were taking up valuable space in my bank.
    Diska's are my curse, they are my cross to bear.

I find LOTS of Hildeblues. I've seen maybe seven in my short time on PSO. Have they dropped ANYTHING but diskas? NO! I've gotten better stuff off of BOOMAS.

Oh well... S-ranks are coming... S-ranks are coming... S-ranks are coming...

I've gone from level 89 to level 97 looking for this stinking claw, and still nothing. I have plenty of Angry Fists, Justies, and Dragon Slayers now, though. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't go on to caves, try Temple, or just level up my HUnewearl? Ah well, at least I've gotten to the point where I can kill the Sil Dragon with my Rappy Fan before he has a chance to tunnel under the ground.

i have that redria curse....damm i hate it...wish i could find dragon slayers ....lol....any one want a diska ?

I swear, as soon as I get a modem, I'm having a yard sale on Dragon Slayers. I will gladly releive some of you of your Disca of Braveman's and Cross Scars and such, seeing as how I can't find a single one.