Svm Inimicus Mali

Case in point: FOnewearl with proper tech enhancements. If you really focus it (and assuming they don't immediately stack), you can get the FOnewearl up to 2.197 times the damage! By "assuming they don't immediately stack," I mean it does go 1.3 + 1.3 + 1.3 = 1.9 times the damage. So, here's my theory. Let's say our FOnewearl does 300 damage, not counting any bonuses yet.

FOnewearl gets a 1.3 times damage boost to Simple Techs. Her Foie now does 390 damage.

Throw in a Club of Laconium (or Twinkle Star, if we're feeling festive), which boosts Foie (or all Simple Techs) by 1.3 times the damage. Multiply 390 by 1.3 and we get 507 damage.

One more bonus: a Foie Merge. This, too, boosts Foie by 1.3 times the damage. With that applied, our FOnewearl is now doing 659 damage with her Foie, more than twice the damage! And even if it's coded so that the spell boosts automatically stack, that's still 570 damage instead of 300.

Now, consider this: the FOnewm gets his bonuses to Gi and Ra techs. That means you can get this massive damage increase to techs that hit multiple enemies or boss segments! Think about it: A FOnewm with a Magical Piece (30% extra damage to Gi techs) and a Gizonde Merge attacking Vol Opt's second form with Gizonde. Or a FOnewm with a Technical Crozier (I'm theorizing that it boosts Ra techs, please correct me if I'm wrong) and a Rafoie Merge against Dal Ra Lie. Hit eight to nine segments with doubled damage, plus the hyper-fast casting of Rafoie in the first place (at high levels)... wow.

One last extra note: a FOmarl, who gets 1.5 times the damage of Grants in the first place, equips a Caduceus, which boosts Grants by 1.3. Put those together, and you get a damage boost of 1.95. That's not quite so much as the other Forces get, but it's Grants, for crying out loud. It doesn't need as much.

In summary: Force + damage boosts = wow.

Your numbers for how much the amps add are a little off. It seems that amps that boost 3 spells are always weaker than single spell amps, hence Twinkle Star and Magical Piece should only be a 1.1 times amp. I'm not sure about the merges, since I don't have a red merge to test with

Since I love testing and trying to figure out amps, heres another damage chart (I've done like 3 of these)

-Foie 29 vs El Rappy - Without Foie Merge equipped-

No weapon - 1346 mst - 560 damage
    Club of Laconium - 1346 mst - 733 damage
    Fire Scepter Agni - 1371 mst - 652 damage
    Twinkle Star - 1401 mst - 658 damage

-With Foie Merge equipped-

No weapon - 1346 mst - 690 damage
    Club of Laconium - 1346 mst - 862 damage
    Fire Scepter Agni - 1371 mst - 782 damage
    Twinkle Star - 1401 mst - 790 damage

Seems like foie merge is only a 1.2 times amp.

Random Math

560 * 1.3 = 728
    560 * 1.25 = 700
    560 * 1.2 = 672

So.. Club of Laco is slightly over a 1.3 times amp, and Foie Merge is slightly under a 1.25 times amp, gotta love how complicated sonic team made this

Wow, very interesting. Well, my FOmar has had a Zonde amp equipped for some time now which boosts the spell's damage about 100 damage, and along with a Storm Cane Indra, my zonde does between 500-600 damage in offline ultimate (can't remember online damage, probably 400-500). Anyway, they certainly do stack.
    I myself constantly use boosting techniques to get the most out of my spells. It can be tricky constantly switching between 3 or 4 weapons, but ohhh how worth it it can be. Hildebear's Cane is an incredible foie booster.

And imagining a FOnewm with a Magical Piece makes me glad that I erased my first character on PSOv1 in a matter of minutes and opted for a RAmar instead. LAWD.

Can anyone confirm that tech crozier boosts RA techs?

On 2002-12-11 22:55, walla wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that tech crozier boosts RA techs?
    I don't see why it would. Its special on DC was barta, so its probably still an ice based wand. The only weapon I've heard to boost all 3 ra techs is psycho wand

Patate, poil, modit cave, tessenene

On 2002-12-11 17:05, Rhete wrote:
    Your numbers for how much the amps add are a little off. It seems that amps that boost 3 spells are always weaker than single spell amps, hence Twinkle Star and Magical Piece should only be a 1.1 times amp. I'm not sure about the merges, since I don't have a red merge to test with

Since I love testing and trying to figure out amps, heres another damage chart (I've done like 3 of these)

-Foie 29 vs El Rappy - Without Foie Merge equipped-

No weapon - 1346 mst - 560 damage
    Club of Laconium - 1346 mst - 733 damage
    Fire Scepter Agni - 1371 mst - 652 damage
    Twinkle Star - 1401 mst - 658 damage

-With Foie Merge equipped-

No weapon - 1346 mst - 690 damage
    Club of Laconium - 1346 mst - 862 damage
    Fire Scepter Agni - 1371 mst - 782 damage
    Twinkle Star - 1401 mst - 790 damage

Seems like foie merge is only a 1.2 times amp.

Random Math

560 * 1.3 = 728
    560 * 1.25 = 700
    560 * 1.2 = 672

So.. Club of Laco is slightly over a 1.3 times amp, and Foie Merge is slightly under a 1.25 times amp, gotta love how complicated sonic team made this
    I tested it as well and foie merge adds 1.23 dmg.
    You would have a yellow, red of blue merge to test this? I hoped I still had my blue merge right now to test out how much 3 spells merge add >_<

Just got a Yellow Merge and a Zonde Merge so I can finally test this

-Zonde 29 vs Gillchic- (normal mode, hehe)

No item: 641
    Zonde Merge: 789
    Yellow Merge: 739

Zonde Merge is just barely stronger...

I was thinking the same thing, Rhete. I was just questioning because of what was said in the first post.

I did tests too and there were slight 1 or 2% variations, but colour merges (like yellow merge) and wands that amp spell lines (like storm wand indra) boost spells by 20%. Spell specific merges and wands give a 30% bonus.

^w^