Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Yeah, thats pretty much my conclusion as well. I guess its really a question of 2 handed weapons vs stats and speed. Once I get some more experience with some of the one hand photon arts I might see their worth a bit more. For now however, I remain a bit skeptical.

As far as slicers go...shoot. Im enjoying them while I can. Got 3 on the palette because im too cheap for photon charges. They definitely arent the best in all circumstances, but with monsters coming at me in these V shaped formations its like bowling for 25000 damage or so for the 2 hit combo. Very hard to convince me to use any other weapon against those type of monsters. I keep a couple sabres(1 with handgun 1 with cards) and a flavor of the day (im trying everything out) 2hand claws/sabre/dagger weapon for situations where monsters have more than 1 hit box or only 2/3 monsters spawn. To be honest those situations are pretty rare...at least for these recent missions (which is basically all ive gotten a chance to play so far).

As far as just counter goes....pft, Im still trying to figure out that monstrosity

Yeah, I'm lv 11 AF on my male human and I don't even use Slicers. For me, Crimson + Ground Ebrozike = ability to take on damn near anything. I hardly ever use anything else (my twin handguns for targets in the air).

Finally made an account

On 2007-12-03 08:31, Fried wrote:
    Anyway, acrofighters without strong slicers leaves us where exactly? A tanklike class using single sabres that gets shorted on experience because they can only hit 2 monsters at a time? Its apparent shadoogs arent going to be overly amazing anytime soon either As the game pushes to higher levels the options of using A ranks becomes less attractive. How will this type weather that change? Is this class a one trick pony of sorts in the fact that they are just the best at using the most broke weapon (according to the majority of players) in the game better than anyone else? Im not certain Im making a great choice investing all my time into getting AF mission points considering my limited playtime.

One final note, I am not just making this post to whine about the class or anything. Im having fun. I just realize my knowledge of this game is terribly limited. I would just like some opinions on how this type stacks up against others if slicers were in fact lowered in usefulness significantly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fried on 2007-12-03 09:21 ]</font>
    Here's my 2 cents on long-term AF. Even if Slicer is nerfed into Oblivion (unlikely) AF will be a good class. A tanklike class with only single sabers? Hardly. Single Dagger Buten/Hikai is better than Saber unless you are fighting a single target (Spinning Strike) or fighting a boss or miniboss with 3+ targets (Gravity Strike). Claws are garbage, even counting the new PA. The only advantage they have is how fast the PA executes, which is pretty darn fast on Senten and Shousen. However, that just means you get to the knockback part of your PA faster, making it less likely your teammates will connect with thier PAs. The only think Claws are really usable on in a party is Big monsters, but Hikai is fast too and does more damage.

Also, you're completely wrong about A-ranks becoming less attractive to use. For all the weapons AF can equip, S-ranks offer marginal improvements at best. As character ATP goes higher and higher, weapon ATP matters less and less, especially with low-stat weapons like twin weapons. S-ranks are a little more helpful if you have lower ATP, so I'll compare A-ranks to S-ranks on Male Beast AF and Female Newman AF. I compared Damage on lvl 120 character, Class lvl 15, 9* vs 12* (except Slicer, which is 8* vs 11*). % increase of upgrading listed Male Beast listed first, Female Human in (), Female Newman in [].
    Twin Daggers 3% (3.48%) [3.92%]
    Twin Sabers 4.5% (5%) [5.75%]
    Twin Claw 5.1% (5.75%) [6.4%]
    Dagger 5.1% (5.8%) [6.5%]
    Saber/Claw 7% (7.8%) [8.5%]
    Slicer 4.8% (5.4%) [6%]
    This isn't counting the fact that A-ranks are much easier to get a high % on and to grind. Also, the place where rank makes the most difference is Single-handed weapons, which you get as AF. So I would encourage you to try out all the two-handers you can equip as well. I recommend Moubu, RenZan, Zubba and Rising Crush, all of which can be bought with Meseta. Also keep in mind that you have a speed advantage over FIs who do get the marginal improvement of S-rank Twin Sabers and Twin Daggers. Also, the gap between A and S ranks will continue to shrink as the level cap increases.

AF will be the worst Hunter class for bosses. FemBeast WT will do 90% of Jabroga with Vivi Danga. Male Beast FI will do 83% of Jabroga with Absolute Dance and 91% of Jabroga with Cross Hurricane. (Ank Zagza, Crea Doubles and Grand Cross used in calculations. % is per use, not Damage over Time)
    AF's best Boss option will be Cross Hurricane on Heavy Twins, which will do 87% Jabroga (Male Beast AF, my Human Female AF will only do 77% Jabroga). Most bosses aren't really very hard though, so its not too big a deal. This is the only area in which AF is really lacking though, so unless this is a big deal to you, you should do well as an AF.

Yeah, the monsters in that formation does kind of look like they're begging to get Chikki'd in the face. And Avhienda, your numbers kind of gave me a headache, but you're right that AF will still be awesome even if Slicers get nerfed. As for bosses, you're right that AFs don't have anything that'll hit 5+ spots in big dudes, for now I use Gravity Strike, Buten Shuren-zan, or Hikai Shuha-zan.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Finally made an account

On 2007-12-04 20:07, Shiroryuu wrote:
    Yeah, the monsters in that formation does kind of look like they're begging to get Chikki'd in the face. And Avhienda, your numbers kind of gave me a headache, but you're right that AF will still be awesome even if Slicers get nerfed. As for bosses, you're right that AFs don't have anything that'll hit 5+ spots in big dudes, for now I use Gravity Strike, Buten Shuren-zan, or Hikai Shuha-zan.
    Sorry 'bout the headache. Yeah, Gravity Strike for me too right now.