Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Well, in response to Shimarisu's post about Acrotechers, decided to do one about Acrofighters. They're a class that specializes in single handed weaponry, and have some proficiency in twin weapons as well, although not at S rank. This appears to be more like a quick, high-speed melee fighter as opposed to the raw crushing power of Fortefighter. Well, to begin with, the class needs level 3 Hunter and level 5 Ranger in order to be unlocked. Despite this, I'm sure many would see this as more Hunter than Ranger. Oh, and if I make mistakes, you're free to correct me since the only experience I have with this class is a beta for like, a few hours.

Humans get a 5% stat bonus for this class, which is big enough for Male Human ATP to surpass Female CAST, their DFP to surpass Beast DFP of the same gender, and for Male Human ATA to surpass Female Newman ATA. Its probably like this for the Acrotecher class too I think.

They also have the highest EVP of all classes, and the 2nd highest TP, which is used for their shadoogs. Here are their lv 10 stat mods:
    AF 10:
    HP: 124%
    ATP: 124%
    ATA: 130%
    TP: 136%
    DFP: 140%
    EVP: 230%
    MST: 100%
    STA: 120%

Acrofighters also get a speed boost in ALL of their usable Melee weapons. Just wanted to clarify that. The speed boost also applies to PAs too, not to normal attacks. Heres a pic of the weapon distribution:

The stats may make them seem a bit broken, but I think the limited weaponry was an attempt to make them more balanced. Although the class still looks very awesome.

Besides the weapons they can use, they also have access to traps. They are able to use Damage, Burn, Poison, and Virus traps along with their G versions.

Well, that's Acrofighter in a nutshell. And Warning, any more race wars and I WILL bring up the Relic Gun, Tanks, Summons, and the Black Nanoblast w/ the 2 Axes, so be careful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-10-14 06:34 ]</font>
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

That's a rather empty start. How about something to nip at like this..
    Acrofighter:
    S-ranks - twin sabers, saber, dagger, claw, slicer, handgun, shadoog
    A-ranks - twin handgun, card
    Level 40 Skills, Level 30 bullets
    20% faster with twin sabers
    Description: Acrofighter plays much like a figunner. The class is based on swift melee combat complemented by shadoogs. The class has similar stats to figunner aswell, except for an increase amount of evade and defence at the sacrafice of weapon selection.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

1st question: can they use traps?

I know, didn't add too much to it cuz there was a Jarba shooting megid at me. Yeah, multitasking. And no, I don't think they can use traps or whatever.

Interesting. So I take it that twin sabers is the ideal boss weapon for this class? Regardless of AF being the masters of single weapon combat, they threw them a 2 handed weapon to help them out in such cases?
    I can't imagine how impressive a shadoog can be on bosses. Especially since SE doesn't do squat.

And now, AF "might" be the ones dealing the most damage with fans. I guess it depends how much they would loose out on 40 BA bonuses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-05-03 13:27 ]</font>
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Good question. It was decided long ago that Mufonna was going this route. The appearance of such a class is a guarrantee that I'll be seeing this first hand, as well. I've been favoring the use of Twin Sabers for a while, with the character. Part of the reason is that much of the synths have gone that way, for her. For her Fortefighter-side, I'll probably still sub Spears.

I still haven't seen Shadoogs in action, so I have no comment on their abilities.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Yeah, I might be using Twin Sabers alot on my Human AF, if only for RP reasons. Either way, even as a Fortefighter, Twin Sabers are still his main weapon. As for Shadoogs, they're not so bad, they shoot if there's an enemy in front of you, and they're pretty good for their SEs. Its also great on my character since he's a guy who doesn't use guns due to his code of honor(well, just for kicks, he'll use kikamis too), and Shadoogs just do the gunning for him, so he benefits from that. Lazy ranged fighting ftw.
    Single Daggers and Buten Shuren Zan isn't so bad on bosses either, and Cards are good on manbearpigs and dragon bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-05-03 13:38 ]</font>

Well, if you want to continue from our little interruption in the ult card PA thread, here’s what we have so far. I honestly don’t know where to go from there.

Honestly, I don’t think the high EVP will be too much of an issue regardless of class in a 4-6 player party. In less than that, you might start wishing you were an fF or FG. You can also eliminate that problem by using quick PAs like Rising Strike and Shunbu Shuren-zan (though you’ll sacrifice a lot of damage…).

And, as I’ve said in every other thread when I’ve argued Cast and Beasts are better or at least equal, there’s no such thing as a bad class combination and each one is better than others in certain situations.

However, don’t be confused: there are bad players. Everyone knows a Diga and Dambarta spamming Cast fT that never heals or buffs is a horrible play style and a ranger who doesn’t burn, infect, freeze, or stun-lock every subboss is completely useless to the team. Though it’s a lot harder to mess up on a hunter…

On 2007-05-03 08:40, Pillan wrote:
    The class may have high EVP (the highest in the game), but it's also primarily a melee class with some ranged and, more importantly, no technique usage. We already know how much hunters hate EVP, so I won't even go there. Yes human would fill up the entire stat distribution nicely (and they get a bonus), but Cast or Beast would fill the more important stats: HP, ATP, DFP, and reduced EVP. And, with about the same ATA as FG, even a Beast wouldn't have trouble using cards.

It's really like arguing human and Newman make better Fighgunners. Yes they have more EVP and MST (and they both get a bonus), but does anyone care?

And, yeah, you don't need to mess with a class to know who's good with it. Just look at the stats, the PA limits, and the weapon selection, and you can tell. I agree that anyone will be good as AF, but I'll go ahead and say now that Cast will be the most preferred class since they reduce the EVP and fill all the other stats very well. (Cast MST is never a huge issue since all the armors double or triple it, depending on the class and brand, and all the low MST classes have higher HP. Not to mention AF already has MST that rivals WT.)

I'll also go ahead and say that most people will drop AF after a couple weeks and return to FG, fF, or WT just because most people hate 1 hand melee and would prefer a wide weapon selection on a class with worse stats and less S ranks.

Getting back on topic... Even without a buff, the ult fan PA still shoots HP drain 3 x 3 at 21+, so it will be useful on AF. With the buff it jumps from useful to godly. You'll definitely see my AF Caseal using it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-05-03 08:51 ]</font>
    On 2007-05-03 11:16, Shiroryuu wrote:
    Uh, Male Human AF has more atp than Caseal AF just so you know.
    It'll be great that AF gets lv 30 bullets and get that 3rd shot from the Kikami. I'm sure that Sega had Acrofighter in mind when they made this bullet art, it was practically made for them.
    On 2007-05-03 12:15, Pillan wrote:
    Looking at PSUpedia’s gathered stat page, male human at level 100 has 673 ATP and Caseal has 703. Human male would clearly have more ATP at low levels if their ATP bonus was more than 5% (but even Beast fF only gets a 4% ATP bonus and I highly doubt AF would get more than that), so I seriously doubt that will remain true in the final version. And, even if it does, Caseal will clearly have an ATP advantage once you gain a few expert class levels and character levels (at level 80 and class level 10, the bonuses already become almost negligible).

You saw the same issue with Newman GTs having more ATA than Casts around level 50 and GT 1, but now Casts clearly has a bit more.

Moving on to the current topic… I’d say the 20 hit combo of Buten Shuren-zan (160% damage at 30 and first 8 hits buffed by about 20%) and the 18 hit combo of Gravity Strike (140% ATP at 30 and second 12 hits buffed by something that I haven’t calculated yet) do more than Assault Crush (higher multiplier on a weaker weapon, but only 10 hits). Rising and Splendor can probably compete though. I won’t bother doing a calculation though. I’ll just leave you to take my word on it or do it yourself.

Also I’ll say not to underestimate handguns. With level 30 bullets (I have a feeling the cap will be 20 when you start AF and increase to 30 at AF 11 or so), handguns can burn subbosses. Additionally, they have a 160-165% ATP multiplier and significantly higher weapon ATP than their twin equivalent. When you take their firing speed into account, twin handguns do deal slightly more damage, but once you throw in the A rank cap of twins, you realize that a 15 star handgun will deal a lot more damage per time than a 9 star twin. At that high, they’ll probably even outdamage A rank cards.

In the long run, I see myself using Shadoogs for effects (since I hear they get effect 4 or higher), Handguns for flying bosses, and Cards for HP drain and ranged damage spam. As far as melee, I’ll try out Slicers, but I really expect to stick to Daggers and Sabers. Claw PAs really aren’t that great in terms of damage spam, but the first claw PA is decent against flying enemies (great for Tengohgs) and the second looks really cool.

Well, at least you don't sound like one who criticizes FOcast ro HUnewm or other wrong combinations. As for Handguns, they're not so bad, but they're kind of boring looking. I agree about Buten Shuren Zan, its just destructively powerful. As for Evasion, I'm a Hunter and I have to say that I LOVE evasion, great to evade tornado spins, hentai worms, and piggies. I prefer that over being knocked down which gets more annoying than blocking, not to mention I might lose both HP and PP, I prefer to lose only the PP and block.

I have nothing against any class combination, but I do have something against people who claim one class combination is better when it’s not clearly true. Anyone who says a Cast fT can outdamage anything will get a post from me about why they’re wrong. Anyone saying Assault Crush or Gravity Dance can do a lot of damage will be severely beaten by me. We also saw the same thing happen in my responses to the flame-inspiring pro-human/Newman AT topic.

Also, as a Caseal WT, attacks from enemies within 10-20 levels higher than my character never seem to knock me down (thanks in part to Deband and YC armor). I’ll argue that that won’t be so much of an issue in a team with someone who occasionally uses buffs or if I decide to carry my own (yay Debaride or however it’s spelled). It’s really rare for me to be knocked back by an attack and lose a PA, but blocking and losing it happens pretty regularly. Of course I have to agree with you about the tornado spins though, but I’m pretty sure you’re dead regardless.

Personally, I’d rather lose the HP and continue the PA and then use the godly buffed HP drain level 3 x 3 of the ult card bullet to restore the little bit that I lost.