Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    --_! Zoo !_--

On 2007-05-05 18:54, Yoshiflash wrote:
    Why do you have cards in "low damage"?

They're the booya. I'm sure you know this as a student of the game.

yep I was wrong, cards shoot 60 times in 60 seconds.

your 400 x 3 per second only adds up to 1200dps, which is right among twin guns actually, I guess I can bump it up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-05-05 19:00 ]</font>

Yeah I thought you had the speed off but I wasn't gonna say anything cuz I didn't know by how much.

Cards though( and this is a lil off topic as not for fortegunner) have the advantage of being able to land all 3 bullets on a single enemy at a distance.

Definitely not to be overlooked depending on your play style.

Oh yeah...they hit flying mobs, including Dragons right in the head. WEEE!!

Best dps on dragon heads .

OK, Tra, now I KNOW you're an idiot, and have never actually used either crossbows or cards to the final conclusion. <_< Just because you're right occasionally does not mean you're right all the time.

Crossbow fires slightly faster, yes, (I'd actually say the card is 70 times/60 seconds, were you using an autofire controller?) but does lower damage due to a lower attack %, lower elemental %, and quite simply, the bullets spread out too far unless you're right in their face.

The main reason to use Crossbows over either Shotguns or Cards isn't DPS, it's for the superior SE - but that's a VERY good reason to prefer them. A higher SE lands more often and lasts for longer.

It does take a while to build them, however. >_< Unless you use the bullet leveling trick in Mad Creatures S...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-05-05 19:52 ]</font>

--_! Zoo !_--

On 2007-05-05 19:45, imfanboy wrote:
    OK, Tra, now I KNOW you're an idiot, and have never actually used either crossbows or cards to the final conclusion. <_< Just because you're right occasionally does not mean you're right all the time.

Crossbow fires slightly faster, yes, (I'd actually say the card is 70 times/60 seconds, were you using an autofire controller?) but does lower damage due to a lower attack %, lower elemental %, and quite simply, the bullets spread out too far unless you're right in their face.

The main reason to use Crossbows over either Shotguns or Cards isn't DPS, it's for the superior SE.
    Maybe I'll record a video for you, you can see how much it does. (500 x 3).

Maybe I'll record a video for you as well...

What race/class were you using? Seriously. I've been using crossbows and cards for, oh, five months now, and I know quite well that in a comparitive race between the two that cards will win out for DPS simply because of higher numbers.

Not that that matters in THIS thread, because it's fortegunner advice.

Xbow UPA can pull 500+ X3

Thats with agtaride, no debuff and not quite on the brink of death.

I have NOT nor will I ever sit down with every gun and map out the exact numbers for every bullet maxed out.

Having said that, I believe Xbow UPA is the highest DPS on a single target in the game as it stands at 2000(?) dps. If its not I'll say it is anyways as that is non-elemtal damage and you can pull it off on a moving target.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-05 20:23 ]</font>

Crossbow Ult PA can do a LOT more than that... theoretically, just like Killer Shot can theoretically kill almost any enemy not immune to ID.

THEORETICALLY. In practice, the UPA does a lot less than that. Like any other SE, it sometims lands or it sometimes doesn't, and you have to be running at less than full health to use it optimally - admittedly, that's easier for a fortegunner than for a guntecher (which is what i usually play, hence my love of both crossbows and cards), just like in practice, Killer Shot works best on robots, and sometimes not very often on them at all.

I'm NOT downing crossbows, dammit. Hell, I'm switched to fortegunner right now to solo Grove of Fanatics S more easily and I'm using crossbows against the newman because they ARE good DPS, and because they have very effective SEs. I'm certainly not using my shotgun, if only because I prefer mobility. *shrug*

oh srry , I don't know why I saw it as "fightgunner" LOL LOL LOL
    just skip my advice, that is for fightguner

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

It sometimes lands and sometimes doesnt? Um...xbow?

I think I misunderstood, XBOW UPA doesn't miss....it's just straight damage. There's no SE to it.

I can generally run around safely at 50% health all day long, and most of the day on the roughest stages.

Anyways, I was only talkin about damage, straight and simple. You saw me advocating for cards as well earlier no?

People can use whatever the heck they have fun with cuz that's the point. I try not to even voice opinions on these things cuz I find that people are generally trolls and attack anything that isnt cold hard fact, and half the time they attack that as well.

Guntecher may very well do comparable DPS with cards as with XBOWs.

However I was speaking from an "optimal use" standpoint. Guntecher with cards VS fortegunner with xbow. Now fortegunner with cards would be interesting indeed

--_! Zoo !_--

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89465768361453

80/10 Female Cast Fortegunner
    Level 28 Yak Zatsugenga
    Solid / Power S