Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canis Domini

Oooooookay. If I kill the Hard Dragon *ONE MORE TIME* and he drops *another* Trifluid, Sol Atomizer, or Trap Vision, I'm going to scream, scream, scream.

Cron, my HUcast, is lvl 26, id Skyly. How many Hard Dragon runs did it take other Skylys to get the Musashis from that big fire-breathin' hunk-o-junk?

I'm so irritated.

I took about 7 or 8. I don't think it was worth it. I like the Yamato though. That took about 7 or 8. I'm Greenil though.

Canis Domini

On 2002-12-12 07:44, Goza wrote:
    I took about 7 or 8. I don't think it was worth it. I like the Yamato though. That took about 7 or 8. I'm Greenil though.
    I'm currently using a DB's Saber, thanks to a few General/Power units. Would you say the Musashi is better?

Yamato looks great but I'm having trouble beating (Hard) Dark Falz with my main character (Gawain, HUmar) in order to get into VHard mode. I think I'll have to do the old "drop a bunch of mates, die, refill at shop, come back" trick in order to get him. Dark Falz's third form is tough for a Hunter, wouldn't you say?

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

I'd say the Musashi is better because it is more powerful and can do up to a 5-hit combo, whereas DB sabers are limited to 3. The final attack in the combo has a very slow cooldown time, so you might want to do the first two attacks, run away, then repeat.

Falz's final form is tough if you don't have a handgun of some sort. I use a Verista because of its range and accuracy. You could do the dying/tp trick if you want to be extra safe, but it really isn't necessary as long as you can cast Resta and carry the max of mates and fluids on yourself. Just remember to use mates to heal yourself when he steals your soul because resta will heal him also.

I did Dark Falz's third form with HU, so I don't know about recovery items. I never used a gun though. Just a +9 Delsaber's.

You can dodge his little stream of energy thingies, but for the rest of it, it's not so easy. I also wailed on him whether he had my soul or not, because resta is fun like that.

You could probably save up scape dolls and do it that way without dropping mates. I've never had to use any, so I have about 30 I think. If you could get a bunch, you could probably make it to him and have plenty of goes at it with a button set full of star atomizers, dimates, and trimates.

Get a bunch of Resist/Holy items and a Metal/Body. That worked well for me. I'm probably going to try him on VHard this weekend. My ranger and force are on ruins Normal, so it'll be a DF kill fest for me.

My SKYLY char has never found Musashi or Yamato from the dragon. My REDRIA char found a Yamato first try, though.

I keep getting Meseta or nothing at all from the Ultimate dragon.

Now that's ass, folks.

On 2002-12-12 10:14, Tavia wrote:
    I keep getting Meseta or nothing at all from the Ultimate dragon.

Now that's ass, folks.
    I'm a bit off topic here, but that's what I get from VHard De Rol Le. It's usually nothing, or sometimes an atomizer. In fact, that's what I get from the entire caves area. Although once or twice I did find a photon drop!!! Yippee skippy for offline only

As Skyly, I beat the Dragon on Hard nearly 20 times, and never got the Musashi. However, my first V.Hard Dragon fight I got the Yamato, so I guess it kinda balanced out.

Hmm... I'm a purplenum, ad when I went multimode with a friend, we found the ?SPECIALWEAPON which eventually turned into the Musashi. That was my first encounter with the hard dragon. Then I tried him alone. He dropped a frigging monomate -.- Then my friend and I fought him again and he dropped another Musashi. All the time I was the main character. Too bad I can't use it, just gotta wait till I change my Gobooma's Right Arm gets turned into a Gobooma's Claw.

BTW, do you have to beat all the quests in order for Montague to convert body parts ito weapons, or can you get him to do it on the first quest he mentions turning "materials" into weapons? (Forget the name of it.)