Anyone else played it yet? It was released today as a free download on the Xbox Live Arcade.

It's a multiplayer side-scrolling shoot-em-up, that's pretty general in its premise...

However, the main multiplayer game mechanic, is that the players can latch their ships together (think Voltron, just not bipedal) and power up all of their special weapons.

From playing the single player, which was somewhere along the lines of "Hey, this isn't bad for a game made by three interns at Microsoft" to when I played multiplayer, being "Wholly Carp, this is awesome~"

...Yeah. Anyone with a 360 and internet access on it, go download this game now. Especially if you're fans of shmups.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I downloaded it, but I didn't try it out... I was to busy playing solitare... I was ranked #1 on Grandfather Clock this monring... Probably ranked 500 now... =

Yeah, I downloaded it; was looking forward to it when I heard about it. I played it solo, it seems like an alright game; no doubt alot funner when you have more people playing.

I'm not so good with side-scrolling shooters anymore though.
    Look, he did it again.

It was pretty decent. And since it was free, that makes it even better

I don't think I've played a shump since Einhänder...now to find some more players...

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Played it, but it felt really generic. Don't see myself turning it on again anytime soon... not with Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga in the house.

On 2007-05-16 15:52, Parn wrote:
    Played it, but it felt really generic. Don't see myself turning it on again anytime soon... not with Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga in the house.
    Got what you paid for anyway, yeah? For a free game, meh, it is what it is. Though I agree, I prolly won't be getting antsy to play it again.
    Look, he did it again.

On 2007-05-16 15:52, Parn wrote:
    Well, yeah, but considering that those games are the absolute pinnacle of the shmup genre, and no doubt you had to actually pay for them...

So, did you play with multiple players, or just alone?

It's so much better, the more people you get, that it's almost not funny. :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Don't see myself turning it on again anytime soon... not with Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga in the house.
    Personally, I though MUSHA for the Genesis, or Raptor: Call of the Shadows for the PC was better as well.

It's ok for a free game, but it's nothing I would actually pay money for. Haven't played multiplayer yet tho... I got two unlocks and just turned it off when I got Solitaire downloaded.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!