Thread: This is wierd

Ok, so I installed PSU on my laptop, which is Windows Vista. Well, that isn't the problem because I can run PSU just fine, it plays offline story mode and such perfectly, so I know the PC running the game isn't a problem. Also, when I try network mode, Gameguard isn't a problem either, I can go put in my user name and password and such and not get blocked off or whatever. Now here's the problem, there's a terms of agreement screen everytime I log on, and I press enter to agree to it, and after that, it starts acquiring lobby information and game data. At this point, it gives me Error 51 and tells me that I can't log on to the server. I have the laptop connected to the internet via ethernet cable at this time, waiting for someone to help me install wifi into it later today. I just don't understand why everytime I try to get online w/ PSU on thsi PC, that it just gives me error 51. I'm aware that PSU doesn't officially support laptops, but this laptop seems to have the system requisites to run the game. Could it be because of slower connection? Because like for example, I try to download the latest Bleach episode on that laptop, and it breaks soon after, I try the same w/ a desktop PC, and it finished(1st attempt broke @ 89%, the 2nd attempt finsihed actually).
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Eh, that makes me think something is very wrong with your laptops ethernet card. Because downloads shouldn't really break, unless your internet connection disconnects/resets.

Check your modem, router whatevers. LAN cables too, you kow you shouldn't roll over them with a chair, right?

Yeah, I just did actually. Some guy came in to set up wireless internet in my house, and you're actually quite right, the ethernet card in my modem IS messed up or something. The guy told me to get that computer replaced with a new one. Good thing I had a reciept w/ 14 day warranty, I only bought it last week, so it should be fine.

Ok, I just got it to run fine, I had to do some minor tweaks, but now, I can run PSU on my laptop and go online.