If you abandon the mission after completing the mission and before the message saying "You return the Photon Eraser" you will retain it in your items and can use it without be issued another one.

This allows you to equip it for the first seed without waiting until the mission gives you the weapon again and save a few seconds.

This tip is brought to you by: Ban-Photons...get them while there hot!

You can also have it out and equipped at the end of the mission and it won't be taken away.

Actually, abandoning the mission at that point seems a little risky. Isn't there a message saying that the event results are being sent in among the messages there?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-05-27 11:22 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I believe it accepts the points whenever you complete the mission and have the grade report. Not fully sure but I think it does

The points are already sent the moment you see trial complete.

There's even a bigger risk. I found out that by canceling just as it said seed purified was causing kills not to be calculated right which ended up giving my team Bs and As instead of S. So to play it safe, just hold until the MP icon shows up.

um... doesn't abandoning the mission at any point after you get the eraser cause you to keep it? if it was such a fluke timed glitch i don't think they'd have a return mission for them