Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah. They usually come with story modes, instead...

Really, though, this is one of very, very few FPS games I've actually enjoyed, that didn't have a real single-player mode. Pretty much just this, Tribes, and Tribes 2.

Of course, the Tribes series is so good, that it doesn't need a single-player story mode... And when they do try and implement someone, the entire game is pretty bad (i.e. Tribes: Vengeance). :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

So I've been playing shadowrun for a bit... and wow... people are stupid ><

-"Don't summon your minion next to mine or they'll fight" - Random idiot
    -80% of people are elves WITH KATANAS
    -Most people tend to just go for kills over scoring running the artifact, and when a person gets the artifact people don't back him/her up...
    -People tend to just do their own thing, instead of work as a team
    -Most people who play RNA during a Raid just run off and leave the artifact undefended... then once its grabbed never attempt to kill the carrier OR defend the drop off
    -Also seems a lot of people just jumped into the online play and said screw the tutorial since they don't use the hotkey commands on the D-pad, and think Resurrect is just can be cast at any time... and proceed to scream where they are located instead of using the D-pad and then yelling at you because you won't rez them since you already rezzed someone else =

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

I really thought that this game was going to suck when I read about it a while ago (sounded gimmicky), but I'm glad to hear that people like it.

I might look into it later.

On 2007-06-03 18:00, NPCMook wrote:
    So I've been playing shadowrun for a bit... and wow... people are stupid ><
    Well... Stupid people flood any online game, don't you know. :/
    -"Don't summon your minion next to mine or they'll fight" - Random idiot
    Any summoned minions will fight each other if they see each other. Even if they're on the same team.
    -80% of people are elves WITH KATANAS
    ...Well, that's because if you're really fast and have a sword, you can sneak up on unaware people to make them bleed out, if you hit them with the katana... and people like to think that they're ninja. :/ Unless they're good at sneaking up on people, people with Katana can be countered with relative ease. Gust is great, since the only people lighter than Elves are Dwarves, and that should delay them getting into range long enough to provide time for a few shotgun blasts.
    -Most people tend to just go for kills over scoring running the artifact, and when a person gets the artifact people don't back him/her up...
    This is mostly because of the mentality that this is something you can do to win, regardless of which team you're on, and regardless of gametype. A lot of the time, though, this happens as a result of attempting to capture/defend the artifact.
    -People tend to just do their own thing, instead of work as a team
    -Most people who play RNA during a Raid just run off and leave the artifact undefended... then once its grabbed never attempt to kill the carrier OR defend the drop off
    -Also seems a lot of people just jumped into the online play and said screw the tutorial since they don't use the hotkey commands on the D-pad, and think Resurrect is just can be cast at any time... and proceed to scream where they are located instead of using the D-pad and then yelling at you because you won't rez them since you already rezzed someone else =
    Again... There'll be stupid people anywhere.

And you can cast Resurrect at any time... Provided you have the Essence and the actual spell. Like any magic, you don't have to have it equipped to be able to cast it (that just makes it faster). Selecting it from the radial menu (B button) and pressing RT instead of any of the other shoulder/trigger buttons will instant-cast it. This works with all Magic, Grenades, and Anti-Magic Generators.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Well as far as I've seen for at least half the races they only get to cast Res once and then they have to wait till they person(s) they resed die >.> unless your a dwarf... than just well yeah

Rez just takes 4 essence to cast, then two per person maintenance. Humans and Trolls have the lowest Essence (7). Humans also don't suffer that Essence penalty from equipping Tech, so they're pretty much locked at 7 Essence pips, so they'll be able to actually cast it twice before not having enough left over from maintainance to be able to raise any more.

Also, Elves have considerably higher Essence than Humans/Trolls do, but not as much as Dwarves (but they don't suffer the Dwarf's Essence recovery penalty). Elves are great for the quick ninja-rez, as well as for people who like to cast a lot.

Are you sure its only 2 per person? because I've seen it take up 4 no matter how many you res, and if res several and one dies it still continues to hold that 4...

Yes, it's two per person. I just now tested it again.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game - HD
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game - Standard

Rooster Teeth At it again, this time with Shadowrun. This looks like its gonna be a good series.

...So why were they having Lineage fighting Lineage in that video?