Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hunted Barba Ray as well. It may or may not take more time, as one has to do Temple runs for it. At least it's more reliable than piping. Hard or Vhard, it might be be both - check the item database bud. I recall getting mine very early in the game compared to where I am now.

Edit: Checked. Hard Barba Ray, 1/22. Check your ID to make sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2007-06-13 17:45 ]</font>

I thought the rate was 1/24,
    It was in hard temple on my 7th run
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peepee
    raphbo confuses me

alright, i checked the database too last night lol and yea, i saw that too.

and ALL of my chars can get it 1/22.

if i used all 4, would that make the droprate better?

viridia, bluefull, pinkal, and anothr bluefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

If you have other people playing your characters for you, it wil give them all exp... But if you don't, just take one of them and solo temple a few times. Having four characters as opposed to one will not change the programmed drop rate. It's not like Barba is going to drop four items instead of one, either,

On 2007-06-13 14:26, burning_card wrote:
    Not true. I have gotten a red slime with the pack of eight, one of the blue's dies by means of another killing it with the tail whip attack and it dropped a rare (varista or db's saber or some crap) and i still got my rare out of the red. The only thing is you can't allow the original's to die at any time.
    How can you use this to say it's not true [that you have to kill the red one before killing the blue ones, and only one of the four drop anything at all]?
    How could you be certain that the red and blue you mention, were both from the same original?

I'm not sure about the game treating the original and clones differently, or even if there is a difference. Perhaps that's just my inability to keep track of the slimes, after splitting.

After a little searching I certainly believe the consensus on PSOW is that you simply should not kill any blue slimes, before killing the red one (or during piping). I haven't found any indication that it's okay to kill the clones first.

Well i'm assuming with the pack of four (i usually keep track of them and will split one at a time with the varista trick) but i've done it with a single slime too.

Here's what i know from experiance. I was going for god powers with a viridia in VH the other day and i would kill off all the clones but leave the original. This was just a single slime in a normal run through caves, not addicting food or something like that. As long as the original never dies, you can still get the rare. I guess it's like the original is the only one to carry the weapon drop, and if you kill it and pipe back, a clone is put in it' place, but it's drop is gone. I'm not sure exactly how it works but i know you cn kill off all the clones that are split and still get the rare out of the red slime, as long as the original never dies.

It's best not to kill anything, but the only way to screw the drop up is to kill the original in each pack.

i thought it was, ahem...

If you split the slimes into 4 and kill ANY slime then pipe back the drop rate goes to pure zero till you restart a game. You split them, you kill the red and leave b4 they all dead... sorry but u gotta start over.
    If you understood everything I said, you'd be me.
    -Miles Davis

Try it out; the original is the only one to stay alive in the split. I always kill the clones for the experiance (i'm not going to pipe that long with no experiance) when a red shows it still drops the rare. I have however made the mistake of killing the original and when the red showe it didn't drop anything, not even a monomate or something.

How do you know which is a clone? aside from the red slime.
    If you understood everything I said, you'd be me.
    -Miles Davis