View Poll Results: Do you play with your own music or the music to the game..?
Me personally I like playing the Hives

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSU/PSO music FTW

16 51.61%
  • Eh....

15 48.39%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do you play with your own music or the music to the game..?
    Me personally I like playing the Hives to The Mars Volta XD
    and for PSO I listen to the original soundtrack.
    What about you?

Depends...

If I don't wanna hear PSU music, then I hop on "a ceirtain site that I don't wanna say just incase so I don't break any forum rules" and just click, autostarts my Media player, and boom, BGMs for free... temporarally... I think...
    Chars-
    Kitty Arika- Lv110+, Beast Fortefighter Lv20.
    Kitty Zelos- Lv100+, Beast Guntecher Lv20, Wartecher Lv20, Acrotecher [Rising]
    E-126 Omega- Lv120+, CAST Protranser Lv20, Fortegunner Lv20.
    Epsilon Hyral- Lv[Rising], CAST Fighgunner [Rising], Guntecher [Rising]

Holy craps!
    Good to know lol

PSO rocks it proper with its jams, PSU's are okay too, though.

PSU music doesn't feel like killing music like PSO's music did. So I usually listen to my own BUT Burning Rangers in my FireBreak? I can listen to that all day.

Really depends on my mood and where I am whether or not I listen to in-game music or not.

In both PSU and PSO, there's music I really enjoy--and then there's music that feels out of place and gets old after hearing it too much. The HIVE's music worked for Story Mode because it fit with the climatic and chaotic feel of the events that took place there. But in online mode, where the story says the GUARDIANS are having to reguarly pacify multiple space stations turned into HIVEs by the SEED, that music doesn't fit anymore. It feels at best out of place and at worst grating in those circumstances.

Same goes with the Linear Line music, as well as the Fire SEED theme. They were proper and fit for specific events (Linear Line's music was perfect for the "OH SHIT THE COLONY'S BEING INVADED" moments)--but they don't work for routine missions.

Angels with Burning Hearts is an exception to that.

On the other hand, I'll go out of my way to listen to the music in PSU for the Rafflon missions, Moatoob missions, Linear Train missions, Lab missions, Agata Islands missions (including missions taking place in CoG temples), and music like what we've got in Holtes City right now.

EDIT: Seeing how this topic is shaping up ...

Man, if it weren't for Parn's thread asking people what their favorite PSU songs are, I'd've wound up feeling as if I was the only one who liked ANY of the music in PSU, like with PSU's story. Which, by the way, I'm glad I my feelings got proven wrong on.

Seems like whenever PSU's music is brought up, I see reactions that follow along these lines in varying degrees:

"PSU's music is utterly terrible and has absolutely no redeeming qualities."
    "PSU's music is terrible because it's nothing like Phantasy Star."
    "I switch out all of PSU's terrible music for my own/PSO's and never once listen to the in-game music."

(And much less frequently)

"Anyone who so much as likes PSU's music fails at life."

I'm not trying to judge anyone with this observation (especially since I do my own share of switching music out), but the vehemency displayed (and occasional and completely unnecessary detest from some towards people who like PSU music) is disconcerting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-15 02:09 ]</font>

My TV volume is at the minimum, enough to hear message and mission/party warnings

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

No melody, no chord progressions, it's just all ambiance. Even then, it's not very good ambiance. I normally turn the music off and play some music in the background, assuming I'm the only person in my room.

I use a custom soundtrack made out of tracks from PSO Ep. 1&2, episode 3 (terrible game but superb soundtrack), and Blue Burst.

Apart from a few selections, PSU has a uniformly terrible soundtrack that just doesn't fit the Phantasy Star tradition at all.

I listen to the PSO soundtrack through the dashboard while playing PSU.