View Poll Results: If something happened during maintenance or some programing error that deleted all character files..

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Over a New Character

29 58.00%
  • Quit this game and never again buy sega

18 36.00%
  • other...plz explain

3 6.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Either quit or start over, lol. Depends on my friends.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Well, I lost everything on a PSO character once, and another time lost the whole character. Started them both over with no problems. I was a little sad at first but like Pikacheif said come back 2x stronger.

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

well, you only said character files so...doing those big exp. runs won't make it to hard to hit lv.80

It's a bit hard to answer to for me, since grinding isn't a huge factor for me. It's mostly having fun doing missions and socializing. If my character data was lost i'd be pretty upset since I do have a lot of things with sentimental value that were given to me by some of my closest friends, since to me, it's my friends that make this already awesome game more worthwhile, so I guess it'd really depend on the circumstances for me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-06-15 11:36 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I would probably start over. I wouldn't be nearly as excited about the game though. My interest in time would probably dwindle and I would end up abandoning it.

being a fortetecher; idk. either just be a fighter or quit. no way in hell would get all them techs up again.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

I've already started over... four times to be exact. If I was given the chance due to
    circumstances, I wouldn't mind starting over.

I would restart. Since everyone would have had to restart at least you wouldn't have to worry about finding low level parties.

Edit: But if sega did wipe the server then had better give us a few free months or maybe some exp mp event or something to make up for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2007-06-15 12:56 ]</font>

I would restart, but i would be hoping to at least get one of my characters restored.
    PS0
    Darkwolf: Level 54 RAcaseal - Darkwolf: Level 92 FOnewearl - Darkwolf: Level 71 HUcast
    Nickname: Darkwolf - Friend-code: 1291 0949 0094
    My tradelist
    The new MSN zero

On 2007-06-15 11:29, VanHalen wrote:
    Well, I lost everything on a PSO character once, and another time lost the whole character. Started them both over with no problems. I was a little sad at first but like Pikacheif said come back 2x stronger.
    Same here. I'm kinda used to the possibility of loosing a character and/or ALL/partial equipment loss cause of PSO days. Thank you Sega Gods for server side saves! So yea, PSO had hardened me with those experiences. So I'll cry. But I'll also get over it and come back once again!

Besides, if your example is true, everyone's on equal footing since everyone will be starting over as well. Hell, it's the ULTIMATE reset button to wipe all hacks. So there's an upside to it as well. (for PS2/PC players).

And does it really matter? It's the mix of gameplay and community that makes this fun. We'll all ban together to cry on each other's shoulders. But we'll also pull ourselves together to egg each other to keep on going.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664