Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not sure if this should go in general or items, but here goes.

I remember way back in the DC ver1 days, I read something about beat times being related to finding certain rares, in certain areas.

I posted a few times, on various boards, about this over the years, and everytime I've been horribly and brutally shot down. =P

In ver1 I remember going through forest at the beat times that I read, about and finding 8 angry fists at a time. Then finding absolutely nothing when not within the specific beats i.e. (200-400 beats for forest, this is just an example).

Now, I was just leveling up my lvl 39 FOnewm online in heat sword.
    I had just finished Forest 1 and 2 prior to this, and I had not found 1 red box.

I start the quest, the first gigobooma I see drops a red box, and I check my beat time.
    The time is at 002 beats.
    I go through F1 and find two more red boxes, both dropped by gigobooma's.
    Forest 2, I find a rappy's wing, another red box from an AL Rappy, and another red box from a gigobooma.
    This is all within 000-100 beats, and from many many hours of playing gc pso (over 500+), I know this is not normal.

So from this I would assume (dangerous word) that there is a higher chance in finding reds during 000-100 beats for the forest area.

Btw I found:
    4x M&A60 Vise :Gigobooma's
    Rappy's Wing :Rag Rappy
    Diska of Liberator :Al Rappy
    (Whitill ID)

Pretty damn amazing for one run through heat sword in HARD.

Any comments thoughts are welcome

The OTHER Special K

I'll test this out (as soon as I find out what time 0-100 is), on HS on Hard, the only difference being that I'm Redria. Results posted as soon as I get them.

EDIT: For all you wondering, 0 beats is 5 pm Central time, which translates into 3 pm Pacific, 6 pm Eastern.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Driadyte on 2002-12-17 16:08 ]</font>

take advantage of the beat calculator erupt coded!

http://www.pso-world.com/beatcalc.php

I'd argue that what you experienced was just luck of the draw. It's improbable, but not impossible, that so many red boxes can hit the floor just purely randomly. I went thru Lost Heat Sword once and found three Dragon Slayers in the same room. My beat time was between 200 and 300 at the time. If you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that beat time truly effects drops, I'll give you a pat on the back. But until you find absolute proof I'll remain skeptical and continue to believe that drops are purely random.

The OTHER Special K

On 2002-12-17 17:03, LollipopLolita wrote:
    take advantage of the beat calculator erupt coded!

http://www.pso-world.com/beatcalc.php
    That's what I did. Although if he wants a suggestion, make it so that you can go from beats to real time too.

You know, I surprised that no one has thrown in more variables besides beat time to try and calculate when rares will drop. The Gamecube does have an internal clock ya know. Maybe things such as the time of day and the day offthe week affect drops to... I seriously doubt that rares drops are just figured out by a single variable.

I'm going to say that if there are ANY non-random variables, there are definitely more than one.

I went through Ult Forest 0-100 beats today and found absolutely nothing on standard monsters and the sil dragon. After 100 beats I managed to find Wals MK2 #13 and Angry Fist #9. This was offline, but I doubt they have separate code for the drop system online and off.

So my conclusion is that the beat time would only be a factor if there were others (section IDs and difficulties have favorite beat times, etc.). Evidence is still for totally random, but I hold out hope because I have noticed that good rares tend to come in waves.

Hope that helps

N00B Extraordinaire

i too can confirm this. i found 3 flowen sword replicas, a blade dance, 2 G-Assassin Arms, 2 Rappy Wings, 2 DB Sabers, and a Last Survivor. all after school here in Wisconsin. Soooo i have to agree. but, i was offline.

N00B Extraordinaire

about mine, its from 3:40 to about 5