Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Gunners

SE3 burn against SE3 virus isn't really that much of a bonus, though it's pretty good. SE4 burn, on the other hand.. oh my goodness. Now THAT makes a difference.

Still, for SE4s burn vs. virus often has to deal with how many monsters are out there, and which ones are easier to burn than others. Easy burn victims are great for fire. Others seem resistant and favor the longer duration just based on merit that constant effect beats out a short duration that refuses to stick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-29 12:03 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

for xbow I have all but ground. also for bow I strongly reccomend you go with virus there as well. there are some large enemies that are not effected by burn, so it's good to have a fallback DoT especially as a GT since you can't use virus traps.

I use Xbow for both SEs and DPS, so I bounce between 5 of the bullets.

SEs are pretty straightforward if you ask me though, what sort of confusion are you having?

Good point. And it's probably another reason Virus is just as important for me, because Guntechers only have virus in bullets.

I'll throw virus on my bow later. Just have to make sure I have SE4 burn on it first.

I think I called the system complex but maybe that was a stronger word than I intended to use. As far as what weapons are more effective with what bullet...I just want to be efficient. You wouldn't put shock SE's on a bow, for instance. Better served for a weapon that can tag several mobs at once. Kind of like that.

Crossbow I intend to use a couple bullets for but I just wanted to know which to level first that is more practical. Fire would be nice because of the low % element you still do decent damage even against same-element mobs. But virus would be good too since I'm ice heavy in my pallete right now and they stack. So there's my dilemma. Maybe I am making it too difficult for myself lol.

Burn's worth it on a SE3 weapon.
    + sticks to small guys FAST for fast additional damage
    + sticks to large ones where virus won't

... in a large fight you can be so busy maintaining your burns that having nothing else to stack it with isn't going to be a big deal. When you do have a chance to pick up something else, grab shock. It's the high-damage element on the new mot S2 missions ANYWAY so you're doing yourself a double favor.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Fire crossbow in Hive, coupled with confuse corssbow.

Dark crossbow in the relics sites.

Fire crossbow in Labs

Dark crossbow (or killer shot) in missions with robots.

Dark crossbow anywhere that folks are spamming ice dambarta, or ice shotgun/crossbow.

Soloing might favor fire crossbow in certain areas.

I personally would not use fire crossbow on Jarba's, I'd use fire rifle, then switch to ice twins/machine gun for damage, as you are expected to be the heavy for taking jarba's down.

Polhavora: I like fire, over ice. Does not matter since Diga punishes them.

Gol Dova: fire rifle, then let the hunters deal damage. Or use maylee fury to keep him form running

Kognad: fire crossbow, then switch to dagger/spear

I like virus on 'King'-type as those enemies tend to last. the exception being king Gohmons who need fire rifle loving.

There really is no one right answer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-06-29 12:21 ]</font>

Thanks guys I'm liking fire right now for x-bow because it also hits big mobs so that's a clear advantage over dark...I have virus on a kikami if I really need to infect something and it doesn't take long to get at least an SE3 virus on my bow.

Shock x-bow is promising too. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself since I have a lot of bullet leveling to do. For now if I need shock I use my shotgun.

Appreciate the help.

I would definately get lightning on xbow as well. on small to medium mobs it sticks insanely well and once it does, the enemies are a complete non threat. stick a DoT on them after that ad the entire party with thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-06-29 20:04 ]</font>

I agree. Crossbow and Shock is very effective. So many physical monsters can only "look mean at you" after that. I sometimes like to call it, the ultimate Payback time a Guntecher has against those meanie GoVahras. Among other things. In general, a lot of non-tech monster packs are made into sitting ducks with it. Everybody is free to just go to all out attack mode.

Other things:

Even without traps, Ice Rifle + Dark Bow or Rifle + Ice Twins equals a Jarba's worst day.

Fire Bow/Rifle is the most awesome attack a Guntecher can land on a GolDova. They maybe immune to Virus, take little damage from bullets, but SE4 Fire bullets is damage to oggle at. Seeing damage numbers like 3200 and above flash on the screen is something that never gets old. That is, until after the expansion and monsters get powerful enough to see stuff more in line with 5000.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-29 20:06 ]</font>

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Burn's worth it on a SE3 weapon.
    + sticks to small guys FAST for fast additional damage
    + sticks to large ones where virus won't
    burn on ageeta - good
    burn on bardia - bad
    burn on naval - good

Burn on volfu - good
    burn on olaka - bad
    burn on jisharga - great

burn on varha - good
    burn on vanda - bad
    burn on gohmon - good

burn on distova - bad
    burn on koltova - bad
    burn on Gol Dova - good

and this is just an example. You've got to consider small enemies are succeptible to SE1, and SOMEONE is using ice, and putting your fire out. Quickly
    Also, not every player has killer shot, or the desire to get it *and burn does not affect any robots* it's virus, and shoch, or virus and freeze, or virus and confuse.

get BOTH, use BOTH as applicable. The game is not 1 dimensional for a reason.