Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Human's racial ability is that they don't have funny looking ears. That's good enough for me!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

This is untrue. You can make their ears look very silly if you tried hard enough.
    But on average, yes.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-07-09 17:40, Sekani wrote:
    On 2007-07-09 17:31, Sychosis wrote:

D...did you just say that a Newman GT having Zodial is some kind of one up over the natural 40% ATA boost of Fortegunner?
    I think he was referring to Zodial in terms of the evade boost it gives.
    specifically so: "If you look closely, you'll see that newman GT EVP is better than cast fortegunner EVP *and* they get zodial. "

So wait...on a class he said himself shouldn't be getting hit often...he thinks EVP is some remarkable advantage?
    Sy, do you have some problem with me? EVP helps you not to get hit. This includes ranged attacks coming back at you, and any unfortunate melee attacks that GTs get caught by. Not sure how you could misread what I wrote, and then go ahead and not infer why high(er) EVP might be an advantage.

- congrats on the yak banga 25. I'm envious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-10 01:36 ]</font>

I've already posted precise actual, in game, reasons how the humans don't have any true advantages over the Newman, when it comes to playing a GT role based on the difference between numbers (that are quite close for all stats people say the humans have advantages for) and what they actually mean in true gameplay. I also stated the ways Newmans have advantages, in the class. Most notably in overall defense. Not to mention, comparing actual practical real damage numbers monsters apply make the whole HP/DFP slight human advantage not even a mere factor. In reality, humans and newmans generally die as a GT just as easily to the same physical attacks, but the Newmans can survive more Tech attacks. Then went on to mention the damage difference was also small between the two, but with the newman having a good Accurracy boost. It was an experiment I took pains taking time to prove because so many people have made the argument based on *on-paper* comparisons without taking the real time to prove it, in game.

It was just a point to prove that the Newmans that generally complain about their weakness, and mention that they share it alone is a facade for more classes than they care to admit to. However, I'd like to rather think of it as a way to let them know that if a human can do it, in more of these cases, they can do it just as well, and sometimes better. (Not all of course, but in more)

I still think the facade does help in some ways, and in those ways, I'd rather they stay that way. That is, I'd rather have people still believe humans are decent at any job so that job elitists wont start excluding them. And besides, who knows what higher levels will bring as we approach the expansion? That alone might cause a shift of balance, in ways we don't quite see yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-10 01:53 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

In reality, humans and newmans generally die as a GT just as easily to the same physical attacks, but the Newmans can survive more Tech attacks.
    And more importanty, gain immunity to low level tech attacks. who needs and extra slot if barta hits you for zero?

On 2007-07-09 20:28, BloodDragoon wrote:
    On 2007-07-09 19:50, Sychosis wrote:
    Even CASTs are getting Giresta in SUV form. I don't think that's a good yardstick for racial abilities...
    Note I said in typical circumstances. How often do you see a CAST use the current melee SUV? Beta vids from AoI dont make the sword one look any more impressive. Beasts have a nanoblast for invincibility, that seems more defensive in nature than offensive.

To whoever it was that said newmans were balanced stat wise if you do a race stat comparison they lack in physical strength and stamina in this game. (ie attack power, defensive power, and HP) Humans would be balanced because all of their stats run midrange.

The current idea I had for newmans was something along the lines of PSO's photon blasts. Cept in this case it would be 1 specific blast set in some fashion probably similar to beast nanoblast badges.

Options or support abilities are nice additions but both the SUV and Nanoblast both had a core concept in mind upon creation and my previous post on the matter simply shows a thought process to a logical core concept for newmans based on game mechanics and observations gathered from day 1 of PSU's US release.

I wholly agree that SUVs pretty much focus on the ranged dominance of CASTs and any supposed Newman SUV/Nano ability should be based on their TECHNIC proficiency (though with some balancing factors in place to make it decently useful as say, a Fortefighter, without it being broken on a Fortetecher)

On 2007-07-10 01:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    [Stuff]
    Sorry, quotes are getting too big D:

I was figuring that after making a point about not getting hit often, you wouldn't bring up a stat that only matters when you get hit (by physical attacks, no less).

And no, I don't have a problem with you personally. But I don't like the way you take classes, then try to make them seem terrible and completely useless. Especially when I have my own Fortefighter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-07-10 06:34 ]</font>

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I was figuring that after making a point about not getting hit often, you wouldn't bring up a stat that only matters when you get hit (by physical attacks, no less).
    I was thinking more about enemy bullets at the time, but point taken.

And no, I don't have a problem with you personally. But I don't like the way you take classes, then try to make them seem terrible and completely useless. Especially when I have my own Fortefighter.
    Not sure what that has to do with this discussion, but fF is the only job I have a problem with. I can live with you not liking that about me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-10 13:33 ]</font>

as far as I'm concerned, we got the shit end of stick in this current version of PSU. We're just humans with higher TP, Sega fails at making us stand out in any way. I would love to see some type of special, just to add a little variety.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-10 14:57 ]</font>
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

ima beast on psu and i think that sega didnt give yall anything special because yall are so freakin strong and that if u want something special that they might lower ur tp power

On 2007-07-10 13:28, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    Not sure what that has to do with this discussion, but fF is the only job I have a problem with. I can live with you not liking that about me.
    I dunno, you brought up some point about me not liking you. If I come off that way, it's because you insulted my Fortefighter, you big jerk! >