Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have always wondered something about the voices we get to select for our characters. I know that in the JP version of PSU their character voices actually seem to say stuff and are much more flamboyant and intresting to hear.

Why is it that the US version of PSU they just kinda dumb it down, is it becuase english voices would just sound to corny if they were to have lines? lol Im sure their is plenty of reasons, well have at it people XD (I'd love a link or a video of some sort showing off the JP voices itd be so neat to hear! if anyone has something thatd be great thanks )
    Life's way more fun to laugh with the sinners then it is to cry with the saints.

My phantasy Star Universe, (pc/ps2 servers RIP lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJedXpA4d8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

Why did we get grunts? Watch that entire clip, then ask yourself that same question.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

And it would've been a little expensive for ST to hire more US VA to translate and record all that.

lol good point, its to bad really,I bet it can be done well if Sega of America were extremly good at their jobs but I shall settle for "they are good enough" (that game looks fun x.x)
    Life's way more fun to laugh with the sinners then it is to cry with the saints.

My phantasy Star Universe, (pc/ps2 servers RIP lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJedXpA4d8

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

funny how that's the same team that brought us the hauntingly beautiful and nicely voice acted Otogi series

http://youtube.com/watch?v=77v4ymNNQi0

love love love those damn games. The English voices were mostly spot on but I must admit that I do play with the Japanese voices though as that's what I prefer.

Another good example of bad English voice overs would have to be SoulCalibur2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-11 20:04 ]</font>
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

i like to move it move it

THE SOUL STILL BURNS!

"I capped all my Dual Pistols" <-Noob

The girls in the US version of PSU sound like they're enjoying death. (Come on, you know what I mean...)

The girls in the JP version of PSU sound like they are actually sorrowful for their death, and they have last words.

I haven't heard any male characters in the JP version, but most of them in the US version...um...same case as females. >:/

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-07-12 11:45, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
    I can't understand the language, therefore it sounds way better than anything being said in english
    Fixed for what you really wanted to say

Call me if theres any E-Drama

lol the orgasm death cry XD