Need some suggestions:

I started leveling fG on my newman just for fun a few days ago so I only have very limited bullet slots since I don't want to delete tech.

So far, I have:
    Grenade - Lightning
    Laser - Dark
    Twin Pistol - Ice
    Rifle - Ice
    Pistol - Dark

My PA slots are maxed. I might level fF later for fun so I'll need to delete two bullets to make room for melee PA. I really like grenade and rifle, so they'll stay. I can't decide which two to drop. Pistol could be useful when I go fF but I hardly use pistol on my beast fF. Twin pistol and laser are quite fun to use, though I honestly perfer crossbow and shotgun. So out of laser, twin pistol, and pistol, which one would you keep if you were to drop 2 of them?

Also, how good is tier 3 pistol bullet compare to tier 3 twin pistol bullet? I never bother to level them on my cast fG so I don't know.

i'd drop the laser and the handgun

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-07-13 11:40, Notos wrote:
    Need some suggestions:

I started leveling fG on my newman just for fun a few days ago so I only have very limited bullet slots since I don't want to delete tech.

So far, I have:
    Grenade - Lightning
    Laser - Dark
    Twin Pistol - Ice
    Rifle - Ice
    Pistol - Dark

My PA slots are maxed. I might level fF later for fun so I'll need to delete two bullets to make room for melee PA. I really like grenade and rifle, so they'll stay. I can't decide which two to drop. Pistol could be useful when I go fF but I hardly use pistol on my beast fF. Twin pistol and laser are quite fun to use, though I honestly perfer crossbow and shotgun. So out of laser, twin pistol, and pistol, which one would you keep if you were to drop 2 of them?

Also, how good is tier 3 pistol bullet compare to tier 3 twin pistol bullet? I never bother to level them on my cast fG so I don't know.
    I would delete rifle - and replace it with a fire...but that's me. Your rifle and twins serve the same function, so I'd lose the twins. Then I'd drop Laser. The light enemies that there are are not laser friendly (kog-nad, stratieria, golormo). Pistol is pretty useful, and the dark element's 5% bonus to damage offsets the element (or lack thereof).

On 2007-07-13 11:40, Notos wrote:
    So out of laser, twin pistol, and pistol, which one would you keep if you were to drop 2 of them?

Tier 3 handgun, SE3 19%, element.
    Tier 3 twin handgun, SE2, 24% element.

I'd agree about twin handguns overlapping the rifle's job. With such a limited bullet pallete, I'd recommend getting rid of the twins. Definately keep rifle for bosses and SE4. I guess rifle's ice isn't a bad choice. You'd just have to live with your SE3 G traps tho for burn or virus. Stick with ice if you play plenty of missions with flyers and fire bosses.
    UNLESS, you like to draw agrro away from FO and HU's with your twins. If you like playing decoy in the group, you'd want to stick with these. (but mechguns are way better, no?).

Lazers are fun, but I'd think as a FoG, you can live without this weapon. It's only used for damage since it's capped at SE1. And I never seem to have too many opportunities to take advantage of it's linear range. IMO, you're better off just using rifles in first person mode.

Hunguns are underrated IMO. But I guess the question here is, how high is your lvl on these? They're painful to level, so if they're already leveled substantionally, I say you can stick with them. Handguns aren't bad, but they're not excellent either. The good thing about them is that they'll stick with their potency IF you ever switch to FT.
    SE3 is no joke, and you'd mostly be useing them just for infecting stuff, rather than raw damage (compared to crossbows).
    But if you decide to get rid of it, it's not like your FF is gonna miss it either. Is 5% dark on handgun really needed on a FF?

Plus, I'd think it'll be a good idea to have at least ONE left handed weapon. Rising strike with it can be helpful at times. But that's just my opinion.

Lastly, since these are on a newman character. I'd imagine raw damage is an after thought. Your priority as a FoG, should be cover fire through SE and knock up/back/down with one handed melee.

Hope that helps.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

On 2007-07-13 14:25, chibiLegolas wrote:
    UNLESS, you like to draw agrro away from FO and HU's with your twins. If you like playing decoy in the group, you'd want to stick with these. (but mechguns are way better, no?).
    Mechguns can draw aggro a little better than Twin Handguns, but only slightly. You wouldn't notice the difference unless you were contending with another trying to draw as much aggro. It has greater advantage of range and the ability to go FPS mode. The range being that softer types (like Human and Newman) will benefit by drawing aggro at the safest range instead of getting more dangerously close as the mechguns need. Risk factor is a big consideration for Humans and Newmans, and is a very viable reason for weapon selection.

On the other note, at high bullet levels the Twin's fast repeated damage, at a distance, will generally out perform either of the SE4 guns for fast direct damage applications that are not against bullet resistant enemies. When the enemies are bullet resistant, Bows take the damage crown.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-13 14:53 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.