Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

On 2007-09-10 15:10, NIloklives wrote:
    I rarely ever use traps or charges on S2, don't carry nearly as many weapons as you and my charge fees are less as well. You guys can say whatever you want...I'd more or less dropped the topic but it seems to keep coming back. I doubt you've even seen me let alone played with me, so you probably don't understand why I'm so strongly against trap usage. but people who've played with me know I more than carry my own weight and speak with as much bravado as I do with good reason. I really don't care. I've been attacked enough in these topics by people who refuse to accept the idea that there may be a more efficient (and possibly more effective) way to play. it seems to me that comment was meant only to antagonize me. So..whatever. There's good reason I stay off of uni 2 nowdays.

I'm fuly aware of the uses of traps. but if you know how to move and use your weapons/skills at a certain level, the uses of those traps become moot or redundant. Tsavo said exactly what I've been trying to say. I speak on efficiency, but it doesn't mean you have to play the way I do...far from it. just don't act like I'm blowing smoke.
    Yeah, you... completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. O.o;

You CAN use traps, and they're very useful in situations, but in no way do you HAVE to. They don't work for you, and that's cool; they work for other people, though, so saying they're useless is very much an opinion you've tried to convince others is fact. I'm not contesting your argument, I'm simply saying there's no reason for argument in the first place. XD "Most efficient" does not mean "best."

Don't act like I'm personally attacking you.
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

They were never SE4, they're only SE3.
    Beaches and shores.

G traps have never been SE4 for anyone...they are SE3 no matter the class

On 2007-09-10 15:50, XenithFlare wrote:
    On 2007-09-10 15:10, NIloklives wrote:
    I rarely ever use traps or charges on S2, don't carry nearly as many weapons as you and my charge fees are less as well. You guys can say whatever you want...I'd more or less dropped the topic but it seems to keep coming back. I doubt you've even seen me let alone played with me, so you probably don't understand why I'm so strongly against trap usage. but people who've played with me know I more than carry my own weight and speak with as much bravado as I do with good reason. I really don't care. I've been attacked enough in these topics by people who refuse to accept the idea that there may be a more efficient (and possibly more effective) way to play. it seems to me that comment was meant only to antagonize me. So..whatever. There's good reason I stay off of uni 2 nowdays.

I'm fuly aware of the uses of traps. but if you know how to move and use your weapons/skills at a certain level, the uses of those traps become moot or redundant. Tsavo said exactly what I've been trying to say. I speak on efficiency, but it doesn't mean you have to play the way I do...far from it. just don't act like I'm blowing smoke.
    Yeah, you... completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. O.o;

You CAN use traps, and they're very useful in situations, but in no way do you HAVE to. They don't work for you, and that's cool; they work for other people, though, so saying they're useless is very much an opinion you've tried to convince others is fact. I'm not contesting your argument, I'm simply saying there's no reason for argument in the first place. XD "Most efficient" does not mean "best."

Don't act like I'm personally attacking you.
    Quite the opposite. you've missed mine. I can outperform (I'll say most since I haven't seen everyone...but I'm pretty confident, it's very close to all) trap using Fighgunners without the use of traps. my costs are less, my kills are faster, and I take less damage. now if all that is in fact true, it would suggest that trap usage is not only unnecessary, but inefficient, and less effective. Now people can play hoever way they want. I have never said that my way is the only way, but I feel that dependancy on traps is a pretty hefty crutch a lot of people lean on. I've watched people waste tens of thousands of meseta on traps to damage enemies that would be dead if they'd done what I was doing.

Hell I've run HSM with a protranser who would rather use s 500 meseta damage trap G on a group of Ageeta than use melee weapons to take them out. lvl 15 Ageeta and she's wasting damage traps. when i was a PT at the same lvl i could rsing strike anything in HSM and kill it in one or two shots. my shotguns were wiping things out...alser...what have you...but 500 meseta down the drain to po p them up which actually slowed things down because I had to wait for tehm to lant to kill them.

the point here being that with proper skill, those situations where you think traps are useful, either don't exist are have quicker alternatives to bringing about a conclusion. Use traps all you want. but there's a reason people call fighgunners noobgunners and it's not cause we're unfriendly to people with high ID numbers....=/ i swear people are just looking ato argue with me. have fun on uni 2 guys...I'm sick of trying to help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-10 23:23 ]</font>