Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Red Handgun is good, as well as the Stag Cutlery. Vjaya is a good early partisan but you shouldn't use it as much later on unless it has hit and you are planning to use the special (which costs a lot of meseta btw).

If you have a Redria ID, go hunt a God/Battle and give it to your HUmar immediately. If you don't have a Redria, go hunt for a Devil/Battle instead. Also, you might want to consider using a Demolition Comet instead, if obtainable.

rare seeker not hunter

i think u should switch out the god/arms for a god/battle and god/body to really dish out the pain, also keep the god/arms handy for the red handgun+50.

Those are what I'm going for now, actually :]

edit* I don't have God/Battle yet (which is what I'm rushing for haha) and I don't want to take off the God/Arms cause that is what allows me to use the Red Handgun I keep lvl 15 Jellen on enemies always so I don't need much more defense with God/Body. I don't even get knocked down as it is being only level 42 in VH Ruins. I've used tons of Def Mats from other characters' storage though (because I hate getting knocked down) So that could explain it

Also... What's the best partisan? hahah I feel they are the best weapons for hunters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-07-22 18:49 ]</font>

For Hucast or Hucaseal hear are some great suggestions:
    both of these are cast only
    Armor: D-Parts v1.01 (+35 atp) or Electro Frame (mainly for looks)
    Sheild: S-Parts v2.01 (+15 ata this really helps especially at low levels) or Kasami Bracer (+35atp)
    Hucaseal might not necessarily need the s-parts because she has great ata and lacks some atp. But, you can use s-parts at level 17, so its great for 17-100+.

I enjoy playing Hucasts just because the atp is overwhelming and the traps are a lot of fun, but since you are playing offline Hunewearl might be your best choice. She has level 20 techs which include Shifta Deband Jellen and Zalure. As opposed to Humar who only has 15 techs with Jellen and Zalure. The problem with hunewearl is, she is impossible to max and has a huge gap to close on ATA. In the long run Huney is a great choice but short term Humar has a good growth rate. If you want a challenge and like cast style play, try Hucast or Hucaseal. Hucaseal while low in atp has some great animations over the other hunter classes. She swings significantly faster with certain weapon types. I believe dagger, claws, fists, and twins (anyone please correct me if I am wrong). Someone else can give you better Armor suggestions on fleshies than I can.

Here are some good weapon choices for each class and each style. (an expert could give you some better recomendations than I can)

Humar:
    Single Hit- (Uber) Lavis Cannon :: or - Red Saber w/hit
    Twins - (Uber) Double Cannon :: or Demo Comet w/hit (shouldn't be too hard with your IDs)
    Sword - TJS for reliability :: or Zanba for zerking (both are hard to find) a bit more common would be a nice Red Sword (as always hit prefferred, especially if you want zanba). Flowen 3084 is nice for a Huney / Humar (spirit special). Chain Sawd is always a cast favorite (freeze trap + multi gush ftw).
    Slicer - Rainbow Baton (pretty easy to get hit on it, getting irista is a bit harder tho. Search for FallenAngelV's thread lol) A Diska of Braveman with hit is a great zerking weapon.
    Handgun - For Casts a Good Gush Raygun w/hit is nice. Other than that Red Handgun works fine on Humar and Huney's.
    Mechguns- A lot of people will tell you to get Charge Vulcans with hit. Vise w/hit is nice (zerk special) or Gush Vulcans if you're playing a cast (although the gush handgun would definitly be better if you can find it).
    Partisan - Red Partisan is an easy whitill drop. Vjaya has a great charge special, you'd definitly want it with hit.

I don't recommend twin swords. They're too slow in my opinion and only 5 hits as opposed to 6. Play the style you like though. I prefer daggers over twin sabers because they're faster, but twin sabers are strong and pretty easy to get.

I also recommend you carry 5 good weapons.
    1 single-target hit [melee], I'd recommend a strong saber or twin saber
    2 single-target hit [range], obviously mechguns and a handgun.
    1 multi-target [melee], Swords are great, but don't neglect the speed of partisans. If you're having trouble finishing combos get a partisan.
    1 multi-target [range], Get any slicer, diska w.e its nice to have damaged enemies before they close in on you.

As far as units go, it depends on how you're character is set up. God/arm is great if you're missing a lot, where as God/pow has a nice atp bonus. God/Battle in most people's opinion is a must for Ultimate. For hucast I like to pump up my mag's dex and use 2 god/abilities and god/battle and leave one slot for a cure/unit or a pb/create. I know you asked not to mention mags.. but if you play a cast please make a mag with Mylla and Youlla on it.

Sorry for the long post and good luck! -hope this helps.

edit: I forgot to mention, Defence and Evasion are wasted on a hunter. ATP ATA and LCK should be your primary concern.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cai on 2007-07-22 21:41 ]</font>

God/Battle is a must. Aura Field is also awesome once you are high enough to use it. Standstill shield or Kasami Bracer are awesome shields.

Red Sword is one of the better swords for hunters. Chain Sawd as well.

Red Handgun is a perfect handgun.

If you are HUmar, HUcast, or HUcaseal, can't go wrong with S-red's blades for a small shifta and deband boost.

If you're willing to invest the time, I would seriously recommend trying to get a lavis cannon, and making it into a Double-cannon, one of the best doublesabers in the game. Otherwise you can try to track down a Monkey King Bar which is decent.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I would say you need to consume 45 Luck Materials to raise your Luck to 100. If a Hucast/Hucaseal I would grab a Berdysh(personal preferance) to use as a sword. Once you are in Ultimate as a hunter you need to pick up every Vulcan you see drop and check it or tekk it. You need to find two sets of Vulcans with 50% to hit. If you are online you can take one set of Vulcans and boost the Native and Caves % to 100. Then take the other Vulcans and boost the Machine and Dark to 100% as well. I use a BKB to attack individual enemies. Oh yea, you also need an Al Rappy.

JUST KIDDING about the Al Rappy.

On 2007-07-23 10:03, kevlar_pso wrote:
    I would say you need to consume 45 Luck Materials to raise your Luck to 100.

I use a BKB to attack individual enemies. Oh yea, you also need an Al Rappy.
    45 Luck Materials is a complete waste. God ability grants 20 luck. I would say 35 at most, but with 2 God/abilities you only need 25 luck mats. He can't get BKB offline. Double Cannon is the strongest offline Twin Saber.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cai on 2007-07-23 11:29 ]</font>

God/Ability may give 20 luck but it's also fairly hard to find.

On 2007-07-23 11:53, Jaspaller wrote:
    God/Ability may give 20 luck but it's also fairly hard to find.
    So is a lavis. There is a point in playing when you have little else to hunt. God/abil is by far not one of the hardest hunts.

edit: There is no need to ruin a character for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cai on 2007-07-23 14:34 ]</font>

On 2007-07-22 18:34, TheImmortal wrote:

Also... What's the best partisan? hahah I feel they are the best weapons for hunters...

I beleive it is SOUL BANISH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-23 14:38 ]</font>