Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

On 2007-07-27 11:30, Altavista wrote:
    He asked what is best. Not if its a legit item or not.
    Oh really…? Well, if it was like that, then why not add an instant DARK FLOW, an instant TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD, an instant NEI’S CLAW (Real), an instant DOUBLE CANNON, an instant OROTIAGITO, and an instant SANGE & YASHA, as well as some AR codes to that list…? No offence, but it sounds like to me you’re just covering ya ass on that statement.

There aren’t THAT many successful hackers that can get their slanderous hands on Parasitic Gene “Flow”/RED RING, they’ll probably end up screwing their game system later in the game. Cheaters on Phantasy Star, are nightmares forever, and are a disgrace to all PSO Hunters. It’s common sense for the rares to be found legitimately, whoever thought the general idea of not to find the rares rightfully, is stupid. Banned/unreleased rares were not released for a precise reason of course. I’m not saying that RED RING should never be in the game, I actually wish it could be rightfully earned, but fundamentally, those weapons/hacked rares do not count, even if they are more superior.

I don't think The Immortal wants hacked rares anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-28 10:16 ]</font>

i hate canadines

whats the point in hacking anyway?? i think it just takes the point out of the game.. i mean if you can just get to lvl 200 by pressing a button or get any weapon in the game why play?? i think the fun in games is the challenge. espicailly in PSO because its very hard to find the best weapons. so if everbody had dark flows or something that would be lame.

My point is, you can always buy a red ring for example. I got a 100% legit friend that got red ring in a trade. Does that make him an ass?

Nope, but the other trader was I guess. Your example is saying that your friend is not at fault, it just is not fair, to obtain a hacked rare from someone else. Dealing w/hacked rares is hard, if you're seen w/it Online you are in trouble, and there is always a chance of trickery.

But dealing with that, is just as bad, people would assume that your legit friend hacked it, even if your friend said they did not. Lucky him though.

Let's try to get back on topic now, about the Hunter's essential tools.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-28 11:29 ]</font>

i hate canadines

if you want to wal through ultimate with no trouble then you need to have some serious time on you hands to aquire these weapons

saber +3 (dont go for +4 its overrated)

frame (4slots)
    knight/power--
    knight/power--
    general/body
    digger/HP

and for your MAG..

MAG 5/0/0/0

now its prolly gonna take awhile to get all that but wen you do the enemies wont stand a chance
    lol im jk this isnt serious just thought id mess around..but seriously like jaspaller said the red sword nad red hangun are really good for a hunter..also the Asuka is a must.

God/Battle doesn't have nearly the affect that everyone made it out to be... I don't notice a huge difference in combat. However I may have just been expecting too much.... as in being able to complete a normal > heavy > heavy attack against every enemy in ultimate without getting hit (with any weapon hah) At any rate I don't really mind it not living up to my expectations because I enjoy playing this game and I was leveling up in the process so oh well

Anyways.

Is red sword worth making caves runs for (1/1200~ melqueek)? Yes just caves :[ I have no way to get online or ever did so I can't get the quest that has lots of melqueeks. I have a viridia that could get it from nano dragons on that quest that has multiples... but I don't want to play the viridia character. haha :] So is it worth it? It's the only decent sword redria can get... even with the bad drop rates...I don't want to rush a skyly for chainsawd or any other weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-07-30 19:32 ]</font>

The Viridia drop rate for RED SWORD is much easier (1/573 Nano Dragon), trust me, the Melqueek chance is horrible (1/2101).

For quest to play w/a lot of Nano Dragons, try "Addicting Foods".

For Melqueeks, "Soul of a Blacksmith" has a room with a huge triangle of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-31 12:10 ]</font>

Well, on my Skyly, I've gotten like 3 or 4 Red Swords from Caves = dropped by...Govulmers? If I remember it's a 1/900 drop rate and there's quite a few of em. I don't remember which quest I was doing, but I was doing tons of runs trying to get Pan Arms' Arms which I never got =. And yeah, Red Sword is worth it. Even the special is good when I just feel like messing around sometimes. Skyly is good for more than just Chain Sawd and Sealed J-Sword .