Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

What sucks is when you hunt for a month to find a Sweet Death board, when you finally do it fails a 24hr synth at 85% chance...so you hunt for another 3 or so weeks to find another and it only comes out 10%...yayyy!

S-Rank count:
    [B]Sweet Death x2
    [B]Meteor Cannon x2

My advice is don't expect anything to drop, just play for fun.

Personally id rather have S-Ranks be rare, even if it takes a long to find them. Can't be called rare if 4/6 people in the room has one. What needs to be adjusted is the lv cap, not the S-Rank drop rate.

Lieutenant Colonel of the 6th Armored Division

On 2007-07-22 13:41, FUFME wrote:
    I kinda learned my lesson during Easter regarding the bullshit rare hunting. Everyone though that by farming for that special item and expecting the Rappy to drop it and it didnt.

My guess is that we all really have to wait for the expansion to get any new and better weapons
    I got one from farming...?

On 2007-07-23 12:07, Hucast-Kireek wrote:
    What are you implying?

That the notion of never failing a weapon synth is ridiculous.

That doesnt stop hackers, Ive seen those users.

the worst part is being a fT. once you find a decent rod or cane after a retarded amount hours, you say to yourself, "yes, finally i got this.....oh shit i use like 5 rods, so only 2-4 of my techs will benefit. hoorah! "

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

On 2007-07-22 23:40, NightHour13 wrote:
    Well said Proff. Thats pretty much what I was trying to say, im glad your more awake then I am XD.

In closing, in my most radical opinion, Sega should just totally redo the rare system and just make them drop rare items that are fully made - no fleakin synthesizing EVERYTHING (healing items might be cool to synth if only them). If at least back then I liked laughing at the monsters who dropped the rares. First time I got a lavis cannon, and this is famous with my friends: What on earth was a red jello doing with a cataclysmic-apocalypse saber?!
    Expect there not going to do that, yes they can improve the synthesis system, but why would they go back to the old way which was just as random as the synthesis system is with even less control. The drop rates do need worked on and the synsthesis system does as well but I really don't believe their going to step backwards with it. The only thing they've confirmed they're doing that for the 9* or lower weapons that drop from monsters.
    (Which already drop anyway they only changed that the element and percentage will be random.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-07-23 13:55 ]</font>

I like the synthesis system. I don't like the old pso way.

As for op said, its just luck and determination. Most of the stuff I have desired for ever since it came out I have got because I never gave up. I've done hundreds of runs and while they make you go crazy, its all worth it once that item you want drops.

That doesn't mean the drop rate shouldn't be modified though. Sega should have a brain and know that people aren't going to spend a lifetime hunting for that item. I can see the units/weapons/armor that offer something really great with a crazy drop rate, but something like 10 star weapons and whatnot shouldn't take forever to get. Only example I'll provide is psycho wand. Offers a ton of tp and it looks pretty cool, something like that shouldn't be in the hands of everyone and their mom. Though if they are going to make that weapon hard to find, they should bump up the synth success rate to 75% or more. No one likes seeing that item they worked their ass for months turning into a monomate.

My only gripe is rare items from boss boxes. That does need to be fixed imo. ITs like winning the damn lotto and most of the time, it does not work in my favor.
    Finae - 150/20 Cast F FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/WT/FM
    Iris - 150/20 Newman F FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/WT/FT
    Shu - 150/20 Beast M FF/Fg/FG/AT/AF/GT/FM
    Astra - 120/20 Human F AF/AT

On 2007-07-23 12:10, kyle21 wrote:
    My advice is don't expect anything to drop, just play for fun.
    It's kind of hard to play for fun when nothing is gained, period. Money is useless if there's nothing to spend it on (assuming most people are fully decked with enough 9 stars, which is pretty much the case). MP is useless because it's easy as hell to max a job, or multiple jobs. Experience Points are useless because the level cap is fucking stupid. Materials are even more useless because you need the damn boards to drop so you can use them (and likely fail/make a weapon with percentage so low it's weaker than the 9 star). Pointless/mindless grinding may be fun for some people and that's fine, but I don't really need to pay $10 a month to do that. I have better, and free-er ways to grind mindlessly.
    On 2007-07-23 12:10, kyle21 wrote:

Personally id rather have S-Ranks be rare, even if it takes a long to find them. Can't be called rare if 4/6 people in the room has one. What needs to be adjusted is the lv cap, not the S-Rank drop rate.
    I would agree with this if we were talking 12 or even some 11 stars. Truth is though, it's just the 10 stars that are out right now (for the most part). No need for 10 star weapons to be rare when you consider the time/meseta it takes to make one. Then what? It can fail or very likely come out with shitty percents. It seems like you want 1 out of 6 players to be walking around with a weaker-than-npc-bought weapon that looks cool. I don't get the point of that. I like grinding to be a little more rewarding and a little less pointless.

Rare drop rate for me is -100/100. Yeah, I have a negative chance of ever getting a rare, that's how bad my luck is.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

It seems that nobody likes the way rares drop. I so feel the grinding in a certain mission for lets say "Blackbull" ok go to "Hive" or "Desert Goliath" yea you can solo them but how fast? And better yet How long could you afford to solo it? Two places to find a weapon that alot of people want. two? Only two then like it has been said failure or better yet have a cool looking Blackbull you never use cause your Phanton kicks its ass in damage. Case in point...Does everyone remember the Double daggers? the B rank did way more damage then there A rank counter parts. Makes sense? Nope. They did nurf the damage of them so that is proof they can fix this now instead of waiting for AOI. But with AOI so close to coming out,in reletive terms ( I don't mean like next month) whats the point in Sega's eyes. I am sorry but if they want me to grind my ass off hour after hour after hour that dam weapon better drop not the dam board. I want to equip that thing now. Not wait 12-24 hours to get a shitty % or worse Monomate. I remember PSO finding something equipping it right then to see how cool it was and to see the damage. which was ALWAYS better then what you had or could buy. That my friends is success..That is the fruit of grinding away for days, some done it months. Don't give me a "Board" with a chance of failure. Thats like having the 6 winning lottery numbers then you having to play another game to see if you win then other to see how much you win. ????? makes no sense right? well the weapon drops don't make sense just like that to me.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan