Herro

Okay so I just started playing PSU and already I'm confused and dizzy at the same time. I'm at lvl 5 yet still not earned new weapons, money or new techs such as healing, etc.

I working with the demo right now that I downloaded but I'm wondering if I can still do the tutorial with that and if the option is there if I can still do it even though I've already started the game.

I will eventually buy the game when the funds are available but I wanted to be sure i would like this game as I do with, PSO ep 1&2.

Please let me know what I should do to get more familiar with controller, techs and able to do missions.

Thanks!

Well joining up isn't really a good idea on the demo since most of the people on the demo are complete dumbasses. The tutorial isn't available on the demo from what I remember. But here's the basics I can try to explain.

You can make money by getting it from monsters. Completing a mission also nets you some cash (the higher the rank the more money). Weapons can also come from monsters, or you can buy them similar to PSO. If you have two different weapons equipped (Handgun and saber, or Dagger and mechgun etc.) you can hold the RB to use the gun weapon. Usually guns types are in your left hand, and your right hand is either a wand or melee based weapon.

As for skills and techs and all that. Everything is labeled as Photon arts (PA for short). There are Skill PA's, Bullet PA's, and Technic PA's. Skills are your melee weapon PA's, bullets are one for guns and left handed weapons, and Technics are your Techs which you need a wand or rod to use.

Since I don't know if you have it already you should head over to the shops and pick up a Skill PA for your saber. It's called Rising strike. From there you can attach it to a regular single handed saber. Link the PA to your weapon (it can be linked to multiple weapons and unlinked at will).

The more you use it, the stronger it'll get. When it hits level 11, you will get a second combo to it.

Technics like Resta and Foie etc, can only be used by forces in the demo, so you're screwed out of resta.

Bullets are attached to weapons the same way as Skill PA's, except bullets give elements to your weapon and can add a status effect to them (like burning hit which will burn the target sometimes). Level up more to add more % to the weapon.

Last thing I'll say is about boards, and creating item/weapons etc. Your PM can make you weapons and items if you have the right stuff. A board (it b in front of it in brackets like [ b] Saber), and the materials. Throw it into your Partner machinery in your room as well as the materials and you can use him to form up items.

I hope this is enough to help you and isn't too much to absorb.

To simplify it a bit... Beat missions with the highest grade to get lots of money or from monsters. Weapons and armors are typically bought from the shops but you can also find or make them using your partner machinery. Photon Arts need to be bought from the shops for a price, but be careful since you can only have 36 different photon arts and there are well over 36 (going over 36 means you have to get rid of an older one). Photon arts can only be linked to specific weapons types. Use them more to make them stronger.

That should be it unless it's still too much for you in which case you just gotta keep playing with it and messing around.

Wow thanks Jaspaller! That helped a great deal. I also looked through the guides, walkthroughs, etc and found a guide to help forces'.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am a force. Yes I do agree about the idiots roaming around the demo version but I have to mess with it until I get the game, which wont be long now. I just want to be able to get all the basics down first and you helped me out a lot more but dumbing it down. The lingo is what is getting to me.

Right now I have wand/foie & handgun which is crap because it does 0 dmg right now...haha!