Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

67% hit rate with a slow weapon is unnacceptable

Well personally I think that Casts look better with human heads rather than there armor. I would never be a cast if it weren't for the human heads. They look so much better than the armor head.

On 2007-08-07 20:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    67% hit rate with a slow weapon is unnacceptable
    As you can see, it doesn't get much higher than that either. There's a solution though, do it from behind

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

here's a better solution:

makes axes suck less (there are a variety of ways to do this)

The Eggy Bastard

well,here's my input...

I chose beast fighgunner at the very beginning,then realized that I would be in some major deep shit when it came to guns,since beasts have very,very handicapped ATA.so I scrapped him,and decided to go cast.the stat advantage does make quite a difference,and when you add on the SUV capability,that makes all the difference.terms of flashiness,all the races can be tricked out to the fullest.you dont need an android character to accomplish that.

terms of ATA,the cast advantage is rather important:every ATA point counts,especially when you get up to facing level 100+ monsters.they have high evp and the only thing that coutners that is of course high ATA.beast fighgunners,I realized,may outdamage cast fig's because they have more atp,but when a cast fighgunner is connecting with more shots,that makes all the difference-not even like a beast would miss that many more shots,but when you combine that with the versatility of a cast fighgunner,you can expand your weapon choice a bit.guns are a lto easier to use without having to worry about your accuracy.

also,if your worried about an ATP handicap,whether you go human or cast.throw a hard/power charge on the sonuvagun.though,if you go cast,Id suggest trying to look for a solid / power S first,but either one will do the trick.
    my cast fighgunner uses a hard power charge and he does quite alright.though,Ive seen human fighgunners ripping it up pretty well,too.

it also matters the equipment you deck them out with more than anything else,really.if you have a good elemnt% weapon,you dont need the strongest class/race combo in the game to make you rpresence felt in a party.

thats my 2 cents.good luck and have fun on psu.

I am a Newman Fighgunner, about this combination many would say:

"That SUX!!!"

but it dont..

Every race can do well in any class.
    Even a cast can become good enough as a force to dish out some real damage.
    Statwise a beast dishes out tons of damage but so do I with my newman, its just
    a lot less buts its way enough to kill stuff and even solo.

I solo Linear line S-mission in search for a Crea-double and I am at level 49 Newman Fighgunner.

Now with this said I just wanna pint out the following:

Play the race/class combo that you find is the coolest. High stats are nice
    but you can get high stats with the other classes as well just not compared to eachother.

Sonic Team as thankfully made the game in such a way that it is
    possible to play with any race/class combo and still be great at the
    job you excel in.

I love Newman Fighgunner even writing a small backstory for him

Even a cast can become good enough as a force to dish out some real damage.
    that's a silly statement. a cast will never come close to doing the same kind of damage as a force that a newman can. anything you can do to make cast a better force, you can do to a newman as well. face it: there are certain races that are better suited for certain classes. this is an undeniable fact. the argument about a newman fighgunner cannot be about effectiveness, because it's just not there. keep to your fun factor argument, but don't try to make it sound like there's any level of equality there...because there isn't.

The Eggy Bastard

theres a certain level for this all to be taken seroiusly.it depends on what your in the game for:do you want your character to be badass and be able to take on a lot more and have a presence in the party that will shave minutes off of a mission?or do you want to just look badass and have a presence in the party that says o shit that dude looks pretty cool...

about the newman fighgunner,Im a huge advocate of "play how you want",so thats cool.do whatever you want,in the end.however,in a case like newman fighgunner,do not expect to be dealing good damage,the same way you simply just cannot expect a lot of tech damage from a cast fortetecher.now,a newman fighgunner can excel with guns due to pretty good accuracy,and a cast techer will excel with bows due to excellent accuracy and extra power that newmans dont have,but in an odd race/class matchup liek that,you just have to be expecting less of certain things,thats all.nothing groundbreaking,nothing worth cursing anybody out over.