Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My brother has a mac, and when we went to install PSU, it wouldn't accept it because it isn't a Mac CD.. Does PSU come for the Mac?

He was even gonna pay for a month so he wouldn't have to deal with offline >_>

Edit: Fixed a typo... Lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-08-13 20:10 ]</font>
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

Nope only for Windows.

Spoilers: You can install Windows on most Mac boxes
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

YES! INTERCOURSE!

PSU wasn't made to be installed on a mac. But it can be done.

There are quite a few ways to get PSU on a mac. The way I've tried on my macbook (which did NOT work out). I used BootCamp, which could be downloaded on the Apple website, it's free. All it does is run windows on a different partition, but be sure you have ALL the right stuff to do it.

You need an Intel Based Mac, make sure you have a Windows XP WITH SP2 on it. It gives you the directions on the website.

Veteran Fighter

Un-install Mac OS and install Windows XP on that hardware

There are also virtualization-type solutions (Parallels), if dual-booting isn't your type of thing, but I can't really say how well they'd perform. Certainly less so than a multi-boot solution like BootCamp, I'd imagine.

The game won't run natively in any version of Mac OS, of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-13 20:48 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

HEYA GUYS!

Sorry, but I actually played PSU on my bootcamp enabled macbook for upwards of 6 months. It can be done (the reason I didnt play it on my INFINITELY superior Dell Inspiron E1505 is because I got the dreaded error 51) and wasnt TOO bad. There are some annoyances, especially when I knew my Dell could handle it MUCH better.

But yes, an intel based mac with Bootcamp and the proper know-how can in fact play PSU.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Do I need a windows disc to use bootcamp? -.-;
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

Well, technically, a CD key, as well as an installation disc, yes. Boot Camp just gives you the ability to install and use Windows on the machine--you need to provide the Windows yourself.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2007-08-13 21:57, Gryffin wrote:
    Do I need a windows disc to use bootcamp? -.-;
    As A2K put it, yes and no. You will need a CD key, but obviously there are less reputable ways of getting your hands on an entire OS. Ways that arent to be spoken of.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!: