Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

...not for number crunching, not to get the best time, and have the best equipment, or use the most efficient PAs, or have the most efficient teams for certain missions, look for ways to speed up runs in anyway, but does anyone play PSU for FUN?

Am I the only one who logs into this game, ready and excited to have a fun game with my friends, as we do missions slowly to have hilarious conversations that are filled with literal lulz.

It just always sounds like people are trying so hard to be so efficient that this game sounds like a JOB. In my Splendor Crush topic, Kef said something along the lines of Bogga Danga being the most useless PA in the game, and at first I thought, "Wait a flying fuck second..." then I realised, hey, he was right. But Bogga Danga is easily one of the most FUN PAs in the game, and so I use it. A lot. In fact, it's probably my favourite PA of all. And it just sounds like, people go out of their way SO much just to prove what PAs are better, what classes, what races, etc are better than others.

So that pretty much sums up why I don't seek out PSOW players to play with. That, and since, from what it sounds like on the forum, a force that uses Resta constantly is a noob force, well, I don't want to go into a game and be called a noob for keeping my team alive...

i was this way but everyone i know quit

well yeah I use to, until I started talking to 90% of my friends on AIM/MSN. Now the funny convos happen there, and there is very little keeping me playing

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-08-28 20:10 ]</font>

Ugh... I had a whole post written out about how I hate it when people care so much about elitism and doing tons of damage. But then I had a connection error. >_>

But I play this game for fun. Why would I play this game if I played it like a chore?
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

I haven't met anyone on PSU who really cares. You only hear about all the efficiency stuff on the forum.

Personally, I just like playing with numbers to support my point. I don't really care in game and just do whatever I want as a Caseal.

On 2007-08-28 19:58, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    THE JACKE
    Oh! New name!

Anyways... Sometimes those first aspects that you listed are what drives people to play this game. Considering it their fun to have high items, levels, etc.

I play to have fun. Screw the elitists.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

PA's, weapons, etc are just tools to get more out of the fun. They have never been the main reason I pick a class or to show off. When many are using/hunting S ranks, I still prefer grinded B ranks. ;]

Some people take this game too seriously. That, in turn, takes away the fun it should give. I play for fun, to relax, to keep myself busy, but I play moderately. I stop when I feel pressured or repetitive. That's my source of motivation for coming back to play everyday.

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2007-08-28 19:56, PJ wrote:

Am I the only one who logs into this game, ready and excited to have a fun game with my friends, as we do missions slowly to have hilarious conversations that are filled with literal lulz.
    Well I myself log on, read and excited to have a fun ga...oh wait. None of the people that like playing with me are on at the moment. Oh well! I can still have fun with a great pickup group! I feel like doing some Desert Goliath so let's go there!...oh wait. Nobody is here. Doesn't matter! I'll find plenty of cool people hanging around the current hotspot! Let's...oh god damnit! All the "cool" people are locked away with their real friends! Oh well! I'll just wait for my friends to get on...*Goes to sleep to repeat day after day*

It's too hard to have "fun" in this game on a regular basis. So many variables out of my control. Sucks...

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

I play for fun with my BF and friends. We chat on Vent, do runs every weekend just to have fun and unwind.