ive played all the pso games but psu confuses me... if you have a sec please answer these, thanks.

1-i'm level 13 and i can't do missions on any planet other than the guardian plave. do i have to do the story mode to get to do them. when i try to join parties online all the parties have a red x near them?

2-when you play the story mode, is the whole thing played as ethan? do you play you're character in the story mode? and does anything you do or don't do in story mode affect you in the online mode with other characters?

3-is there a way to get items from story mode to your characters online?

4-what does synthisize do? and how do you do it?

5-i found 2 hive items and a kaboora (spelling?) wood, what do they do and how do i do it?

6-if there are so many people online and so many options, why am i always getting the same items? like i havent seen anyone use a card, etc... is everything more wide spread?

6b-why are there so few parties to join if there are thousands of people online?

7-last... thanks for the help.

1.If you are ONLINE you actually should be able to do many other missions. Just go to the 4th floor on the colony, teleport to either Parum, Neudaiz or Moatoob and enter the flyer bases there.

A red X means that either you do not meet the level requirements for this mission or that the party is already full.

Check http://psupedia.info/Missions for more information on the available mission, their requirements and the rewards.

2.& 3.Unlike PSO, playing the offline story mode(which you get to play as Ethan) doesn't affect online play at all. You have to start from scratch if you want online play.

4.Oftentimes in PSU enemies don't drop an actual weapon/armor but a board(something like a recipe) which you have to _insert_ into your PM in order to actually make the item. Remember to _store_ the proper ingredients into your PM too.

Check http://psupedia.info/Item_Synthesis for more details on the whole synthesis process.

5.Kubara Wood is a synthesis ingredient(a special type of wood)which is mostly used in the synthesis of gun-type weapons. (Some synthesis-boards allow you to use Kubara Wood instead of the normally required wood to make a potentially better weapon.
    Example: http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1...board_hikauri/
    You get to synth a Hikauri if you use normal wood but an Alteric if you use Kubara Wood instead.)

About the "Hive item": If you mean this one http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/7/920/hive/ then it is a just a decoration for your room.

6.(b)
    Since you are only level 13 it is only natural to mostly see "beginner equipment" as the most parties you'll enter consist of low level people only. As you progress and enter higher level missions you'll definitely see cards, axes, double sabers, crossbow and so on in action

The PS2/PC version of the game has a smaller population than 360 and that's why it seems so "wide spread". There ARE some "hotspots" like Guardians on Neudaiz where chances are high to get a party but actually the real action is in the high level areas and even there, it's mostly locked parties.

7. You are welcome

I really recommend you checking http://psupedia.info and http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/ for information on most things in PSU.

Hope that helps and welcome to the online population of PSU ^_^

Damn, beaten to it. Well i hope the same thing written over again helps.

1. Each mission has a level requirement. When you selest the mission it will tell you a) the level that you need to be in order to do the mission and b) the levels of the enemies in the mission. Every mission has up to five difficulties ranging from C-S2. The reason red 'X's are appearing when you go to join a party are because their doing a higher difficulty setting, at level 13 the highest mission difficulty you can access will most likely be C.

2. Story mode is played entirely as Ethan Weber. By playing story mode you can unlock Extra Mode which allows you to create your own character and play offline. Extra mode allows offline players to get a taste of the different classes and gameplay of online mode, it's limited and generally doesn't take long to beat.
    Playing story mode as Ethan Weber is episode 1 of the story. The story is continued online in episode 2 where you play as your own character. Your character never says a word and the action continues around you, but it's okay if you enjoy the story. Episode 3, the rest of the story(probably) will be released in Ambition of Illuminos (the exspansion to PSU coming out in November) in online mode.

3. No, your online and offline characters are completely seperate.

4. Synthesizing is the process of making weapons. You can buy boards at NPC and player shops, you then incert the board into your Partner machinery. The board is basically the recipe for a weapon and requires materials that can be found in missions or bought. Most of the matterials are set materials that are required, how ever there are slots that are labelled ???. '???' slots allow you to input variable materials which will determine the element of the melee weapon, or make a different weapon entirely.
    Your partner machinery has four attributes: striking, ranged, armor, and technique. You can give your PM items which will raise attributes. The higher a certain attribute is raised, the higher your success rate at synthing an item will become.

5. The HIVE items are room decorations. In your online room there are twelve squares on the floor. On each of these squares is where a decoration can be placed. Have the hive in your inventory, walk over the square and select it, it will then ask you if you would like to place the decor. Additional decorations can be bought from the varaity shop on gaurdians colony second floor, found in missions, gotten from special events (like the tails event on saturday), and synthed.
    Kubara wood is a synthesis material. It's used for making kubara weapons (weapons which tecnd to have different attributes from standard weapons).

6. There are a wide number of weapons to choose from. However in the outsets of the game, the weapon selection is very limited as you're constricted to the three basic classes; hunter, ranger and force. By leveling these gives you access to advance classes which have a wider arrange of weapon selection and abilities.

6b. There aren't exactly thousands of people online. The PSU population is rather small. Generally the best way to find a party is to know where the host spots are. Hot spots are newly released missions, or missions that everyone continues to run because the offer high rank drops, or are very lucrative to spam. The current populatar missions for lower level players are "her Secret Mission" which can be accessed from the gardains counter on neudaiz, and the new party mission that just came out on this update which can be accessed form Foran water fall on Parum.