Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UPDATE:
    Ryna and I seem to have found a useful solution for this. Your suggestions are appreciated, and an upgrade to the Fan Art Gallery will be coming soon!

Ryna and I have been discussing it, and we've concluded that the Fan Art Gallery is rather antiquated, and we want to upgrade it. Why I bring it up here, is this:

We need some ideas on what features to include. We've already discussed changing the display format to display images in columns as well as rows, and we'd like to add options for sorting images by artist and subject.

So what else does everyone want to see in the gallery? Provide your suggestions here, or PM them to me.
    Last edited by HUnewearl_Meira; Jun 20, 2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: New Fan Art Gallery: Coming Soon!

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I just would like to see it get updates more often. Pretty much.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

How about sorting out colour pictures, sketches, draughts, works in progress, relevance to PS/PSO/PSU?

Then again, that would be a mammoth task because I remember seeing literally THOUSANDS of images when I last glimpsed through. (I lie, I just saw a LOT of pages of fan art.) Would giving thumbnail pictures/preview pictures so you can see several pictures on-screen at once be difficult to do?

At this point, biggabertha, nothing is beyond possibility. This is literally a wishlist, and when the coding commences, we'll include as many features as are practical. Chances are, the entire table that contains the information that the current gallery presents will be rebuilt, so adding new fields for style and relevance isn't really a problem. If I have to go through each image currently in the gallery and add new information, then that just means that I'll have something new to do on a couple of Sunday afternoons.

To further add: It might be cool if a viewer could sort (or view) artwork in several different ways. Look up a user and see what fan art s/he's contributed to PSOW, for instance.

Also, I think there should be some optional subdivisions between the artwork itself, implemented in some way so that it's easier to view media of a certain category.

Such has having subdivisions for music, animations, and pictures. Maybe even ones for "radio plays" and videos.

What about adding a 'public works' section?

Like some kind of "reference" section of stuff that fan artists can use to add to/draw off of for their own works. Things like:

PB symbol
    Fonts to Download
    Model Sheets (AKA screen shot turn-arounds of various clothing/parts)
    Logos etc.
    Time-lines (official translated)
    Scripts (taken from game & donated)

Having a nice, big cleaned up PB symbol would be cool for backgrounds. Logos can get added to people's stuff, and turn-arounds help people draw their chars.

If it becomes a reality, I'll donate the clean/big symbols/logos for PSU. I can also donate them to it in *.ai format (it opens in photoshop/elements, but is pretty much inf. resizeable without graining) I re-created endrum, guardians, amf, COG, etc.

The timelines & scripts could be easily accessed by Fic'ers--all in one spot. I know Espio's are in demand but darn near impossible to dig up...

Never look back, never forget

Well, i figured out that one major problem is, that you cannot see on which page you are in the gallery. Maybe that could be worth a change.

Updating it more often speaks to me as well.

Team Cyber Scale coordinator
    on the bottom of the deep abys (AKA my room)

why not just use a coppermine type gallery? the little one I have in my site works wonders :v

Call me if theres any E-Drama

This might be a bit difficult, by why not a "Webcomic" part?
    Seeing as quite a few people are doing some.....

I do want to add the screenshot comics to the Fan Media Theater (they're not quite Gallery material, but quite suitable fodder for the Theater), but the big difficulty I'm having in doing that, is in figuring out how to package up an entire comic for display.

Sooner or later, Ryna and I are going to work out a new Fan Media Theater as well, so we can properly display flash animations, videos, audio and what have you. Currently, it's part of our Downloads section, which works well enough, I suppose, but it doesn't quite have the polish that we want.