Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Kyoto-based game giant Nintendo has reclaimed the top spot in sales of home consoles worldwide, according to a report today from the Financial Times. The story's numbers place the Wii's 9 million units sold slightly ahead of Microsoft's now-second-place Xbox 360 at 8.9 million sold.
    With the sales going as they were, I figured this was inevitable. The question though that everyone is waiting on is what will the holidays bring.

source

Crimson Butterfly

Good <.<

halo 3 will push out alot of units....true story nintendo wont be #1 for long

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

"Nintendo returns to #1 after 17 years"

Sounds like somebody hasn't heard of the NINTENDO DS

Woot. Go Nintendo. I've got nothing against Xbox 360, I have no love for Sony though.

I think it's nice that there a slowly growing economical/socialogical paradigm shift in the videogame market and among gamers.

I am quite thankful that I'm not the only one whom thinks interactivity, gameplay, immersion and the fun factor in games (as per the Wii) are more important that flashy hyper-real eye-candy graphics.

While hyper-real eye-candy Uber-graphics do look very pretty and are nice, that doesn't neccessarily make a game fun to play, challenging, or immersive.
    It tends to feel more like your watching a nice CG movie, with some gameplay portions that often not quite as good as they could of been IMO.

Oh and $400 - $600 consoles with $60 games doesn't help matters when most 23-ish to 35-ish aged gamers (a huge demographic of gamers) are on specific budgets (paying bills etc) nowadays...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-09-14 01:56 ]</font>
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2007-09-14 01:20, Kikumaru wrote:

That's not a 'home console'. That would go in the portables classification.
    Kyoto-based game giant Nintendo has reclaimed the top spot in sales of home consoles worldwide, according to a report today
    #1 in home consoles

You can play DS @ home, nobody will stop you but its a portable and doesn't always have to be plugged in.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Yeah, I know it's not a home console. I don't have drain bamage you know .

I was just pointing out that the topic could be a little misleading since it titles Nintendo by itself without talking about their console rating until you actually enter the thread, so judging from the title, you would think it was talking about Nintendo in general..not just specifically concerning home consoles.

Well..that's neither here or there really

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-14 02:07 ]</font>

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Yes, I think most know by now the DS has sold a lot and its no question in that dept. they've been tops in that for a while.

With that established, this only relates to what else Nintendo wasn't tops in yet with their other product, Wii, and has been confirmed.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-09-14 01:44, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

I am quite thankful that I'm not the only one whom thinks interactivity, gameplay, immersion and the fun factor in games (as per the Wii) are more important that flashy hyper-real eye-candy graphics.
    You've pretty much said my point about this generation of games (And about the Wii) in this statement

Well, I mean, 360 and PS3 games have fun to, but it feels like fun is an afterthought; after the presentation of the game.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

On 2007-09-14 01:20, Kikumaru wrote:

He stated in console sales. We all know Nintendo has a monopoly on the handheld market.