Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what can level 3 status effects do that level 2 can't, and what can level 4 status effects do that level 3 can't?

are there certain enemies that you can status effect with level 3 that you can't with 2? i can't seem to find any - only large monsters that can be status effected by a bullet when it's nearing level 4 on the off chance (like how you can burn a jarba when your burning shot is at say lv19 or 20 say one in 50 shots)

basically can someone explain the differences between status effects 2 and 3, and 3 and 4 for me..

thanx in advance

2 -> 3 means increased damage and being able to inflict SEs on Large enemies.

3 -> 4 means better chance of landing SEs on Large enemies and increased damage (EXCEPT with Infection). Not sure about Poison here, but Poison sucks.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Just and edit, but only SE3 Burn will land on large mobs. Other SEs need SE4. Unless of course you are using a trap in which case it doesn't matter if you use regular (SE1) or G traps (SE3).

so being that the only difference between se2 and se3 is increased damage and the fact that burn can affect large enemies... would people agree that the only crossbow bullets of the main 6 worth learning would be fire and dark, since i already have all 6 main shotgun bullets and freeze, plasma, grav and confuse are yes/no status effects (an enemy is either infected or not, not like burn and virus which can do more damage), and shotgun can hit more targets than crossbow, or is the chance of inflicting freeze, shock, etc. greater with se3 than se2 too?

sorry for the reasonably uninteresting dilemma its just my fortegunner only has space for 2 or 3 crossbow PAs (since fortegunner can't use S rank crossbows i can't really justify learning them all)

Xbows are far superior to Shotguns for SE. The chance to land an SE increases with every level. Personally, I would learn both sets. I have all Shotgun and Xbow bullets at 30 and use both.

I'm not sure I'd get BOTH Fire and Dark Crossbows, stick with Fire. The Fire Crossbow will be able to burn large monsters, the Dark one will not.

Other good SEs to have on Crossbows are Shock (lightning), Silence (earth), and Confuse (light).

this is why i wish they would just release the remaining PAs so i can try them all out and then decide which ones to learn instead of learning the ones that are best at the moment and then have to erase a lv30 bullet because i dont have space for one of the new ultimates...............

In the expansion, you'll be able to return your PAs to Disc form if you want to make room for others. Then you can just reload the Disc and your PA levels will be retained.

has that actually been confirmed as true though, cos although i've heard it before it sounds a bit like a fanciful rumor to me

eg. why would they do that, and not just expand or remove the 36 PA limit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xiuying on 2007-09-14 08:49 ]</font>

Yes, its been confirmed by ST.

The reason that they kept the limit is so that multiclassers cant run around with 2 classes worth of PAs at a time. Being able to replace PAs makes it possible to support 2 classes, but not at once. It will also get extremely expensive after a while, particularly if you are swichting out technics.