Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

I'm not sure how well this would work, but a spectator mode in battle mode.

I've never had a version of PSO w/battle mode, so I don't know if that would work, but it would be fun to watch a fight and pick up tactics and stuff.
    The world is yours.

no offense or anything but all you saying "ooh this would be cool" "lets add this" . ok think about what you were doing before play PSO. let me guess prolly playing some POS(not to be confused with PSO) game. And when u got this game you were prolly like "look at all this cool stuff i can do" and "oooooh i can go online SWEEET!!!!"

But nope now your like lets add this stuff that would be fun for about 5 minutes then you would only want more........Damn Hipocrites

PS. i know i am going to get FLAMED for saying this. FLAME AWAY

I'd like to see new classes... like assasin he would be able to cloak and then attack with say a strong attack that could stun if you hit the enemies back? Floating forces seems cool. Vehicles would be nice.. but they would have to fit in... like hovercycles.. but then again this would cause ALOT of lag... and would be hard to do... oh and make characters look better... fonewms have clogs.. when was the last time you have seen a powerful wizard wear clogs.. and clown hats... in movies anyway.

I agree with those who say a bigger ship/city. It would be so awesome to have more than one shop for each type of item. Also, being able to hire NPC's to work at your side with you being able to control what items they used and stuff. Also, more weapons, quests, cloths, characters etc. The absolute best would be to have your own personal apartment to like customize and invite friends over. Ahhhhhh.......

Talking about this makes me so restless about the possibility that these aren't going to happen within a year.

I think we need the Episode II Pioneer II for Episode I. Andriods should be able to buy things for half cost, and be able to carry twenty of stockable items. They could help the FOrces with expensive fluids online, and carry more mates for bosses.

Oh yeah, and for weapoons like rifles and such, a manual targeting system like a sniper scope.

The devil king Alexander the great

maby a few more weapons and spells more enemies and a B.F.G

I will kill you all one by one.....

-A new dificulty(sp?) setting, "Extremely Hard", with nearly 1000 exp for a Booma, and with entire new enemies. The catch? Gotta be lvl 130 to get in, online or offline.

-Level max 300.

It's already been said, in a way, but I'd like to insist on it :

A REAL storyline offline, with several 'towns' to visit, well you know... just logical links to the areas you play.

Many combos. Not always 3-part combos with all weapons. Gun-type weapons should have unlimited combos, but take longer to reload between shots -- true, I can't see why my RAcast stops firing after he has fired 3 bullets, since they is no ammo limit.

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

Okay, let me take a shot at this topic...

1.)Save-file encryption. ST should have done this from the start. 128-bit encryption would be enough to protect the save.

2.)Server-side saving. This would take extra bandwidth, but if Sonic Team released the game on the Xbox and GC(but required the GC to have a BBA), it would be quite possible. You should be able to take it offline, but when you do, the save would be encrypted, and offline mode would hash every item you find. If you duped the item, when you go online next, the server would delete the duped item.

3.)Level 300 + New Difficulty level. A level beyond Ultimate would be really nice. Call it "Insane". The level you would need to get it would be 150, and each monster would give over 1000 experience.

4.)Make MAGs more useful. Give them attack capabilities of their own, like attacking, casting spells, etc...

5.)New graphics engine. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. We've all seen Splinter Cell, right? Both the Xbox and Gamecube are the only systems capable of these graphics. Give the game a new engine. Optimize it for the systems. The current engine was designed for the Dreamcast. Not only will the graphics be enhanced, pop-up will be practically non-existent, frame rates will fly through the roof, and more effects will be enabled. Dynamic shadowing could bring in some interesting possibilities. A dark area could hide you completely.

6.)Jumping, extra animations, extra combos, etc... Jumping would allow many possibilities. Swimming could be a possibility. Could bring up some interesting situations, such as being able to sneak past a group of enemies. The 3-hit combo is okay, but it's constricting. You should be able to combine as many attacks as you wish, provided you are good enough at timing them. Enemies should be able to be knocked down as well.

7.)MMORPG aspects. The lobby system is inefficient. Pioneer 2 could be one giant lobby, with multiple levels, different sections(each with their own style, like major cities. Pioneer 2 could have it's own Chinatown, or it's own ghetto, suburbs etc...). Apartments for each player, with stuff like a banking system, healing, etc... The store system could be improved too. There would be a central shopping district, with stores for certain types of weapons, such as force/hunter/ranger weapon stores, cafes(doing double-duty as both a social center and an item shop), training simulators(VR system with customizable parameters, like being able to specify how much XP, HP, attacks, or other stuff the monsters have, but the thing would cost money. You could specify a monster that gave 500 XP, had 100 HP, and only attacked melee, but it would cost 150 meseta per monster. You could specify a money amount, and the game would suggest parameters for you), and a massive bank. Loans would be a good idea too. You need to buy some mates, but don't have money? Take out a loan, and you would have to offer something of yours as collateral.

8.)Weapon customization. Think of the S-rank system, greatly expanded, and costing big bling-bling. Expanding percents by paying a lot of money(perhaps 250 for every 5% increment). Adding special features, designing the weapon, naming it. There would be be limits, of course. 100% max.

9.)Make money more valuable. I hear everyone bitching about how money is like sand. It's everywhere. Well, I have an idea to solve that. Make the items in the shop cheaper, but make money very hard to find. A monomate would cost half a meseta, a dimate would cost 1.5 meseta, and a trimate would cost 4 meseta. If you found money at all on Ragol(or any other area, I'll go into detail later), you would only find 1 or 2 at a time. Weapons cost would be determined by the following formula:

Weapon Cost=(350+5(grind level)+30(sum total of all percents/5)+40(star level))/5

The amount you get when you sell the weapon would be equal to 75% of the weapon value.

Sorry for making this so complicated, but the more complicated the formula, the more accurate the price will be.

Anyways, taking that last formula, let's imagine a Blizzard Vulcan+9 (9-star) with 50/50/50/50/50 percent.

Plugging the values into my clever formula, we get this:

2255/5, or 563.75(round it up to 564) meseta. Seems cheap, but considering meseta is much rarer, it's reasonable. My estimate that for every meseta unit in this hypothetical version, there would be 150 meseta in the current version. That would come out to a value of 84600 meseta. Sounds right for something you would buy at the store. (NOTE: I'd factor inflation into this, but I don't feel like killing everyone here with boredom)

10.)The obligatory "More quests" rant. Yes, we need more quests. Everyone and their mother has already said this, but I have to as well =P But, make the quests more involved. Branching quest plots, more multi-level quests like the Ult quest offline, and quests that actually feel like they belong in the game. The Famitsu quest was a really great thing, and we need more quests like it. Quests that give you rare items for doing hard things, like killing x amount of enemies in y minutes, completing a special mission like killing a certain enemy, etc...

11.)Integrated help. You know how there's help forums at the game's site, right? How about kicking it up another notch(boy, don't I sound like Emeril right now?), and integrating the help system into the game itself? The social areas in Pioneer 2 could be seperated into different subsections, like one for random chats, one for questions about PSO, stuff like that.

12.)Other social aspects. Going along with the last idea, minigames could be integrated into the social areas. Stuff like battle competitons, item comparisons, auctions, "garage" sales, etc...

13.)Use the GBA for more specific features. Way back when Nintendo said they were making the GC-GBA link, EGM imagined a game that used it for different features, such as a space game that has each player using their GBA for a different subsystem. PSO could use it for a map, item management, chat screen, etc...

14.)Voice-activation. Being able to switch over to an item by your voice(albeit only on the Xbox) would be a major plus. Of course, you wouldn't control your character's movement or attacks with it, but item management could be easier. Voice recognition could also translate your voice into text.

15.)No free period. Face it; free periods allow "l33t hax0rz" to mess the game up. If Sonic Team followed up on it's promises, people would be banned after infractions like threatning people, shouting racial slurs, cheating, etc...

16.)Downloadable content. How about being able to download new weapons, levels, characters, and stuff like that? If they did that, I would pay gladly pay 10 dollars a month or more.

17.)Server issues. Bugs need to be fixed. If ST used the encryption system, the loss of items because of power loss wouldn't be needed. In the event of server failure, you would lose your character, so in order to protect you from that, a backup copy encrypted with a 256-bit key would be on your memory card/hard drive.

18.)Word Select improvements. Adding more choices would be a good idea. All the possible word select items would be available all the time. The word select feature is a really great feature, and it should be expanded greatly, by 5 times as much if necessary. You should also be able to send in new ideas into ST for addition to the selecting menu, and ST would translate it.

19.)Vehicle system. I like the idea of being able to manually move to new areas. Think of it, new areas could be accessed by flying to them.

20.)Item system revamp. Why only 30 items maximum? How about 100? You should be able to store more than 10 of the same item at once. How about 50 of each item for those items that can be grouped, and grouping of certain items(*grinders, technique disks, etc..). What about boxes that you can pack more items into and then group those items? You could store an ungodly amount of items with that system.

21.)Other crap I forgot to mention earlier. The whole censorship system is really messed up. Saturday is a banned word. What's up with that? First of all, just ban the words themselves, don't ban them if they are part of another word. Secondly, make the censorship system opt-out. You should be able to deactivate censorship on your system. C'mon, we are almost all old enough to be able to handle mild language like "turd" or "ass", etc...

Sonic Team would be smart to do these things, but they would cost money. Just because Blizzard can get away with free servers doesn't mean Sega can. Blizzard loses a lot of money on the servers, which it makes up in software sales. PSO doesn't sell as well, so Sega needs to charge money.