Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Personally, I think PSO has been refined, revised and almost PERFECTED in PSO Episode 1&2, so I'd personally like to see a complete overhaul and a "true" sequel to PSO. I honestly cannot think of much, apart from the obvious things such as more weapons etc., that Sonic Team could add in a new upgrade.
    I'd like a new engine, new everything... One can only play the same game for so long, and after two years, I'm getting a little weary. I think. Hell, I could play this game for another year or two, what am I saying?
    But really, I hope Sonic Team busts out a brand new PSO next. Likely? Probably not, but it's difficult for me to imagine how much they could improve upon Episode 1&2.

The following refinements I think would be key:

More customizable buttons.
    A more refined targetting system--allow "lock-ons" and to cycle through targets.

Of course, new areas and new equipment are a given, I'd also like to see the following:

HUmarl and HUnewm classes to finish up the HU classes and a new race (I want to see catgirls ^_~ and a friend suggested Half-Rappies) with two RA and two FO classes (no HU classes).

New techniques... preferably Status-affecting techniques an a damage-based Dark tech.

More customization in creating and 'dressing' your character... perhaps multiple models per a character type? Even just allowing characters to use models from the same race (i.e. FOnewearls that look like HUnewearls) would be cool. To reduce confusion, have information about class appear above the character (like in the lobbies) or in the status bar area.

J-Pop Afficionado

What do I want? I want a full PSO sequel most of all.
    Other things, though, would be:
    -The addition of new character species' (I want Motavians and Dezorians!)
    -New techs, maybe stuff like status-affect causing spells, like mentioned above.
    -More download quests and stuff like that.
    -Lots of new hairs, faces, etc. for all the characters.
    -All barriers and frames visible in some way. (this may be hard to make each uniqiue but any effort would be cooler than no indication except for the blocking aniamtion)
    Umm, that's all I can think of right now. I don't have many problems with the standard PSO gameplay and it's way of revealing the story.

On 2002-12-29 11:44, jello44 wrote:
    HUmarls, nuff said.
    I dunno... if HUmarls resembled that modern-day jogger-looking chick I've seen the official sketches of, it doesn't seem that appetizing to me. I would rather have the HUnewm. That's a real RPG-esque character there, the token "big guy".

Yeah, definately server-side saving(even tho I haven't been online yet, I don't want to suffer an FSOD), I mean, blizzard servers are free, and I only know of one incident where people lost stuff on Diablo 2. Target cycling, which was also already said. It'd be kool to have like a target reticle or something that u move around with the c-stick, or just strafe and look around with both sticks.

OK, here would be the perfect PSO...

-Imagine being able to use vehicles in some levels, such as Halo...can you imagine 4 PSO ppl crusing down the seaside level?!

-Way more in depth create a character, such as "modifying" colors in specific parts..facial hair...anything you can think of.

-I loved the idea from the person above about weapon merging, where grinding would update to the next best weapon. (not for rares though)

-If every single weapon looked unique, not just a different color.

-Imagine if Pioneer 2 was the lobby, but could hold more people at once...imagine a bigger city with shops and other cool things..such as a resturant where you sit and can chat..(omg im drooling)

-What if from the VERY first time you play offline, you get to choose 3 randomly generated NPCS to play with you (smarter NPCs of course), and maybe if you wanted a droid you would have to purchase them?

-What if all the enemies you killed stayed where they died? Instead of dissapearing into the ground?

-More death animations.

-Changing weather conditions.

-More techs--and fire techs that actually LIGHT enemys on fire.

I could go on forever...can you even imagine what PSO could become?

Batteries Not Included

On 2002-12-29 23:59, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
    OK, here would be the perfect PSO...

-Imagine being able to use vehicles in some levels, such as Halo...can you imagine 4 PSO ppl crusing down the seaside level?!

-Way more in depth create a character, such as "modifying" colors in specific parts..facial hair...anything you can think of.

-I loved the idea from the person above about weapon merging, where grinding would update to the next best weapon. (not for rares though)

-If every single weapon looked unique, not just a different color.

-Imagine if Pioneer 2 was the lobby, but could hold more people at once...imagine a bigger city with shops and other cool things..such as a resturant where you sit and can chat..(omg im drooling)

-What if from the VERY first time you play offline, you get to choose 3 randomly generated NPCS to play with you (smarter NPCs of course), and maybe if you wanted a droid you would have to purchase them?

-What if all the enemies you killed stayed where they died? Instead of dissapearing into the ground?

-More death animations.

-Changing weather conditions.

-More techs--and fire techs that actually LIGHT enemys on fire.

I could go on forever...can you even imagine what PSO could become?
    O_O i'd play PSO for a loonng time with those improvements...I think the should create a new class..that would be cool...like a class that could hover in the air with wings...and named the AR class that can obtain weapons that drop bombs ...

On 2002-12-29 12:18, Maelkith wrote:
    evil looking alternate character skins, like battle damaged spiky racasts and undead looking hucasts

raw costumes with accessories purchased to personalize your character

hovering forces who chant while casting

quest based games that are more than just retrieval and defeat. instead of four or five areas to clear, you play sequential quests. all quests would be tied together to make a linear story.

weapon grinding/merging (saber+12 becomes brand) --grinders and merges are earned in quests and not dropped. special rare producing grinders/merges are earned in side quests. base weapons are purchased. raising a weapon would be like raising a mag.

server side saving
    I really like this idea...

AKA "Nougami" and "Roar"

There are only a few things I want:

An apartment for your characters to hang out in...where do they sleep on pso? In a lobby chair? Do they camp out in the forest? I think after all the hard work they do they need a place to stay!

More levels, more levels, more levels! To play over and over again...oh yeah a new PLOT might be nice too....

why not have visible elements on your weapons. for instance. if you have a Burning Gladius, why not have the Gladius have a fire appearnce complete with the heat warping effect

and maybe Grants and Megid can effect more than one target. and hopefully can be available to all classes and not just forces