Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I like a hard game, but I wasn't ready for the old Phantasy Stars. Gamers sure have gotten soft in the past decade In both PS1 and PS2 I had to spend my first hour or two leveling up for the first dungeons. Maybe I just suck or something. Anyway, I have a question. What am I supposed to do at the begining of Phantasy Star I? I figured out that you need the flash thing to see in the Medusa cave, but I don't know what to do now. I've been through the entire thing several times. I found the guy turned to stone, I got the treasure chests, and I checked the dead ends for secret doors or something, but I found nothing. Someone here must know what to do.

Oh, does anyone else find the quasi-3D dungeons in PS1 to be a little confusing?

I found PS@ to be hard as well. There really wasn't any hints or leads to where you were supposed to go, but then again I was too young to play all those old school games.

Dark Falz Cultist

On 2002-12-30 16:21, Coran_Horn wrote:
    Anyway, I have a question. What am I supposed to do at the begining of Phantasy Star I? I figured out that you need the flash thing to see in the Medusa cave, but I don't know what to do now. I've been through the entire thing several times. I found the guy turned to stone, I got the treasure chests, and I checked the dead ends for secret doors or something, but I found nothing. Someone here must know what to do.
    If you talk to the people, they'll give you vague hints... there are two people who mention the creature that was with Odin (the man turned to stone), and I think they're both in Scion...
    One says something to the effect of "Odin has a strange catlike animal with him. It has a bottle of medicine around its neck, but I don't know what it's for." and the other says "I was in the cave where Medusa is, and I found a talking animal! I sold it to a trader from Paseo." Yeah.

Paseo is the capital of Motavia. To get to the spaceport to get there, you need a secret item... the person who sells it won't give it up at first, so keep trying.

Man, post FF4 RPGs are ALL so damn easy, with maybe one or two exceptions (Lufia 2 and its puzzles from hell, ow).
    I also find it funny how people complain so much about random encounters. It made me LAUGH back when Skies of Arcadia was released and so many people griped about its random encounters. Those people obviously have not played through LUNAR 2 on Sega CD; THAT game had some random encounters, YO!
    Man, the old PS games were amazing. 'Cept for PS3 which is still the black sheep of the bunch, we could all do without it and not lose sleep at night. My favorite by far is PS4, though. The story isn't that great, the dialogue is LAUGHABLE and the pacing is sometimes a little awkward, but man, the gameplay is unsurpassed. So many fond memories of that game, as well.

I've only played PS2 and 4 (2 on the Smash Pack and 4 on Genesis) and I agree, some games back then were (excuse the expression) hard as f*ck.

I forgot where I was in PS2, but in PS4 I'm in the Sky Castle (I think that's what it was called), characters around level 24, killing all the monsters in the area with ease... except those three bosses, they totally decimate me.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Ugh, that damn Sky Castle! That's where I left off on my last game, actually. Monsters were easy... bosses came from the depths of HELL.
    Amazing game, that.

On 2002-12-30 16:59, Rotis wrote:

the person who sells it won't give it up at first, so keep trying.
    IT never occured to me I had to get into the spaceport somehow. I must have read that one guy wrong....I'm guessing it's the second hand store guys I have to bug to buy the road pass? Or maybe it's one of the guards....I guess I wandered around in that cave with Odin turned to stone for nothing

On 2002-12-30 22:14, CajunSamurai wrote:
    Ugh, that damn Sky Castle! That's where I left off on my last game, actually. Monsters were easy... bosses came from the depths of HELL.
    Amazing game, that.
    Grand Cross works good on the three bosses. So does Shooting Star.

BOY DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE PS GAMES i just got the GBA game too still havnt reached a high enough lvl.... I was also wondering if they wer gonna release the others (ps4 including) on gba too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sword_maker on 2003-01-01 13:03 ]</font>

I hate to be insulitng, but you guys suck. But maybe that's because I grew up on old PS and I think PSIV is the best RPG EVER. I wish they'd come out with a sepeate collection with PSIV and maybe gaiden for the GBA.

Oh, and as far as macro's go, BlackHole and Destruct reign supreme.

Maybe you don't suck. Maybe you just need a decent game to unleash your potential. All it takes is dedication , perserverence, and a diet that prohibits canned meats of any kind. (thanks, posty!)

And yes, games (and gamers) have gotten soft over the years. That's definitly a point that I just can't seem to get past.