I recently bought a shop and have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answers to:

1) I can get a number of ideas as to pricing for items by seeing how much they sell for in an NPC shop. No problem here. The problem I am having is in pricing other items.

Is the best way to price items that aren't in shops by visiting a number of player shops then averaging the prices? The prices are so varied between 10 stores it is hard to get a guage on how much an item will sell for.

2) I have a feeling the answer is no to his one:

Is there a way tell what a particular person bought from your shop? I can get a visitor list from my video phone but can't seem to see what they bought.
    That would be helpful so I can tell what is selling and what is not.

I may have to go the laborious route and list every item in my shop and the price then compare that list to the list the next day and keep a running tally.

A pain but this system doesn't seem to be too in-depth.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1) What I do is visit a bunch of stores and get a listing of the prices. Then, meseta permitting, I go and buy out all the low-runners. Now, sell your stock slightly lower than the next-highest price and watch your profits soar. A little marketting knowledge will get you really far in this game, considering it's obvious how much people really don't understand about it. Selling stuff at 10mil when others are selling at 100k just....isn't going to work.

2) Only way you can tell is looking at the earned meseta and comparing it to what's now missing in your shop. Your running tally idea is really the only way to do it.

It would be nice if the AoI people could update on the AoI search features etc. (when Sega finishes it)

1) It's really just trial and error, and how quick you want things to sell. Items sold by NPCs, imo, you should make it worth someone's time to bother coming to your shop. Selling for 1 less than npc price really just agitates me and I will usually buy from npc just cause. Certain things sell well because they are used for popular things. Like, for instance, hustle berries sell to npcs for like 2 meseta, but if I put them in my shop for 400 they usually sell so quick it doesn't make sense. Personally, I think around 50-70% of npc price is usually a good way to sell quick. However, if you have something like Vulcaline (not sure if you are PC/PS2 or 360, and keep in mind I'm 360) you can easily sell it for like 7k and people will think you are crazy, even though it's from npc for 8k. Most people put it in their shop for like 10k -_-

To sum it up, trial and error is the way to go.

2) No there isn't. If you know what is in your shop, then you will see what sells and what doesn't when you check your shop to see what is left.