Edit: Uh, okay, so apparently there's been a translated version around already (although all moving scenes with dialogue got replaced with shop'd screenshots). I demand a 'delete post' option. >

When Mewn mentioned he thought ST might be too lazy to localize the AoI comic intro to PSU ep2, I started looking into if there would be a way I could do it myself, just in case. So, the first .swf file that contains the game-style dialogue is this. This is a custom function programmed manually into the main swf the Illuminus site uses to view the SWFs, and as such the dialogue won't show up in any other way. In any case, my goal isn't to make the files work in an entirely different context (since all of the original code could be c-p'd, obv), but to replace it with English myself. Opening that file with SWF Compiler helps -- the first three scripts correspond to the dialogue in this scene, where the the first parameters should include the text itself (yeah, I know it's obvious I wasted some time on this).

Now, that'd mean I'd have already figured it out, right? Er, yeah, except that no program I know of is capable of modifying an SWF's ActionScript (and recompiling it).

Anyone a clue? Thanks for the trouble.

*makes a note to check back*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2007-10-06 08:10 ]</font>