Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im so0o confused on this topic...so u make a tp then go back down the tp and guys r there? or what? sorry if i seem dumb or whatvr im just so0o lost to this.

First, find a room with a lot of a creature that has a rare counterpart. An example would be a room of 8 Rag Rappies. It doesn't matter if you're in the room or not, but it's best to set your telepipe/ryuker portal so that you can see all of the creatures without having to move. The 'trick' is merely teleporting to Pioneer 2 and back to the room with the creatures over and over until one of the creatures is a rare one.

This works with any rare creature, but ONLY in offline mode! Keep that in mind, if you play online a lot.

Some things to note: If you teleport for hours and hours but nothing seems to appear, you are NOT doing anything wrong! It's entirely about luck. Yesterday I didn't find one Love Rappy after 8 hours of piping, today I've found 4 in half that time.

Keep at it and eventually you'll find what you're after...

It's pretty simple once you get the concept. Find a critter that has a rare critter counterpart (ie. Rag Rappy -> Al Rappy). Set a telepipe (or Ryuker, same difference), go up to Pioneer 2, then come back down again. Check to see if the critter is normal or rare. Repeat as necessary.

Resetting critters (for lack of a better term) happens because the game itself is not programmed to keep basic critter information in the RAM (such as basic critter type vs. rare and HP). So by leaving the area and returning a critter will reset back to its default state. If the critter in question has a rare counterpart, then there's a chance that it will change into that rare counterpart. Just keep in mind that this trick only works offline. While online the PSO servers DO store basic critter information so that everyone in a party will see the same thing.

Slave To Sega

Is it just me, or will doing the tp trick over and over for hours on end knacker up the laser on your GCN?

On 2002-12-31 08:01, EsperJ wrote:
    Is it just me, or will doing the tp trick over and over for hours on end knacker up the laser on your GCN?
    Unless PSO loads everything on a level every time you enter it -- enemies yet to be encountered, boxes yet to be rendered, gates yet to be opened -- I would think the disc is constantly moving anyway. It has to react to you dying, it may have to switch music tracks when the dynamic music shifts according to enemies approaching, and so on... unless all of that is loaded in advance.

so should you telepipe out of the range of the rappies so they don't run after you? Wouldn't you run out of pipes or tp if you're doing ryuker?

You could always just buy more telepipes and difluids you know. o_0

hehe i know what im gonna be doing all day

thanks alot for all your help, ima try it a bit today on sum hildebears for a blue one, i want a blue head

one question: do rare rappys appear on normal offline games?