Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Lastnight I was in a team called "FreeRares" and a hunter joined with the name ^. He was on level 1 and spoke very educated. He knew I just got a hacked item. He recorded my guild number! He told me that Sonic Team has started a full force of hired moderators. Also, when I was talking to him my keyboard was real glitchy.

I've heard people say they've seen strange characters, like transparent rangers or a 5th player without a name in the game with them. I beleave this guy was a real agent. He never gave me direct answers about his job or details. He said he was "leaglly part of Sonic Team" He also asked me if i knew anything about Sonic Team Moderators.

I hope moderators really exist! i think it's a good idea!

I'm unsure though, he said that because i had a hacked item - I'll have to be added to a "watch list"
    And he logged my guild number.

Many people joined in the team while he was there but most got scared and went back to the lobby... If anyone else saw ^ lastnight please tell me your story!

Hope this helps!
    x SysOp.

O_o;
    i personally dont like the idea of some strange people interupting games - may it be as a 5th person or joining pw-games (they probably can do that too when the 5th player-thing is doable...). even if they're moderators. even if they're monitoring the whole dupeing... i dont like the idea of being spied at.
    maybe sometimes i want to speak about private things online, or get political, or or or... gah, i get a chill over my spine just thinking about it and its not a pleasant one...

no honestly...
    this is a good reason for me for not buying the game.

edit: but then again... maybe this is just someone trying to be very funny -_-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-01-01 14:21 ]</font>
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

More likely, it's all BS. Anyway, he said he only 'heard' of fifth players or transparent rangers. Likely, they don't exist. And the guy he was talking to was BSing him.

yeah, i hope so.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Maybe they use their computers and view random games. They wouldn't have a character though, they would just spectate, similar to the ability in Quake III Arena.

On 2003-01-01 14:20, rena-ko wrote:
    O_o;
    maybe sometimes i want to speak about private things online, or get political, or or or... gah, i get a chill over my spine just thinking about it and its not a pleasant one...
    Considering how the PSO servers work with commands and such, every full conversation people have in game rooms could be recorded. It would not require someone to be there to "witness" what you are saying.

This can really hold true in almost every online videogame you can play. Depending upon how it is programmed, if those who run the server decide to do so, they can log it all. I don't believe PSO has any kind of privacy agreement, and since they have a clause about copying and what not, they probably do log everything.

Personally, I'm not unsettled like that; I have always seen it as a realistic possibility. It doesn't stop me from having private conversations.

Batteries Not Included

about a month ago...I saw 2 RAcasts both were named: [_________]...they were talking about when the last offense was and gave a specific time and date...saying the exact same thing...they were in a busy vega lobby...I also saw a HUmar named Ryu20 who would just stand at the ledge in Vega 01-01...he would stand there not responding for 3 days straight...I dunno wut he was doing...he'd be gone for a day @ lvl 36 and come back the next day @ lvl 50...and he mysteriously disappeared...not sure if he wuz a player or a mod...most likely a player though...

Hmm.....it'd be cool if they actually did have Game MODS. It's a change very much needed.....

I dont know if any of you had PSO back in the version 1 for DC... but when PSO first came out there was a clan called $PI$... They were just mean bad people who'd sit in lobbies and make fun of people and cheat, etc. I was there when Sonic team came in and told them all to knock it off or they get baned. I swear, they were in suits with ties and they had the male human hunters head. There was about 3 "agents" and if any of you remember, that clan was baned. I was there and saw it all happen. It was great!

And about the chat logs and not needing to be there... Well, why does this forum need so many moderators when everything anyone says is logged and posted here? and did Napster need Moderators, Administrators, and Elites? and why did they always have to sit in the chat? I was a Napster moderator and in Napster, you had a cloaking command "/cloak" It would hide you real registered name and you'd only appear on the napster user chat list as "Moderator" and you were "cloaked".

I honestly think Sonic Team has live field agents. Do you think they'd let it all up to a computer to read through chat logs and decide who needs to get banned? If they were smart, they'd make characters that had the funtions to ban, block, disconnect, erase, etc. It makes too much sense to me... I dont think they'd spend time logging and reading through all the chats... i beleave they have a "spectate/cloak" funtion that i'm sure they use everyday in lobbies. Sonic Team hates bad clans and everyone knows they are at full power trying to stop any duping or cheating.

It wouldnt be hard at all for sonic team to set up a special computer version or even console version of PSO that gives them ablilities and moderate PSO.

Now, think of the advantages of live field agents moderating PSO or some guy sitting at a computer reading through the logs of chats and people's mails. They have the power, and i wouldnt under-estimate it, look what they did to Bar, they banned him fromt he US servers and now he can only play in the JAP servers. "he might be able to play in US now..." If they and pin-point one person like that and keep them banned in a certain regional server-cluster, they can do anything else they want.

If you were Sonic Team, wouldnt you have field Agents too? I would.

Ha, Ha, Ha. This is the stupidest shit I've ever read
    > Everyone

"Oh no! Sonic Team's elite Nazi force is after me with invisible characters!!! I r teh shit pants!!!!!!11111111"

Please.