Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To those that didnt switch to alts and are going through the mission as fortetecher what Techs are you using?

I find myself relying heavily on my bow in mission especially the EX portion.

Get 3 wands......
    First wand heal/Magic Buff and use a card with ice or fire
    Second wand- foie/ other best ( i use ra-foie) and use a card with ice
    Third Wand- Barta/ Rabarta (or any others) and use a fire card.

i use this setup for any rank, becouse with you have both elements onhand at any moment

Continue using Fire/Ice technics as if they aren't resistant to them. You're still not going to out-damage your technics with a Bow or even Cards, so may as well just stick to usual tactics.

As long as you've got a good melee and/or ranged character in the party, no big deal.

I'm using pretty much what I usually do for Neudaiz: fire and ice. I'm particularly fond of Damfoie, myself. As you alluded to, though, the EX missions are another story. I do what I can but those are really just seem much more suited to the ranger-types.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

I stopped playing my fT altogether. They die when a Gohmon looks at them, and it's near impossible to properly support melee players because I have to get closer to the enemies to kill them. I'm using my WT at the moment since average buffs + average heal + 2.2x greater survivability is better than good buffs and good heals.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

I'm using my usual Neudaiz tactics in this mission: Foie the Ice Enemies and Kagajibaris, Rabarta the Fire ones, pull out my Ulteri with Ice Bullets for Onma, heal and buff as needed.
    Of course when I solo it to search for a Me/Quick I switch to Guntecher so I can just keep firing my bow with a higher damage than usual in the Bonus Mission.

Here's a strategy that's been working pretty decently for me:

As Typheros said, if you're a Newman bows and cards aren't going to do much to the mobs so it's best to stick with the technics. What I do however to compensate I try to debuff all the mobs with Zalure and rebuff the other party members immediately when they use their racial ability. My main thing is that I started carrying around extra G traps (Burn, Ice, and Virus) for the Ranger members of my party. This pretty much encourages them to go crazy with the trap laying during the mission instead of conserving their limited supply for the mid bosses. The traps SE damage + debuffs + my technic damage doesn't measure up to a FF's spear, but at least I'm not worthless.

For Ex mission, I tag a group of mobs with GiFoie, and instead of trying to kill them off myself, I just lead them them back to the melees for them to pick off along the way to tag more mobs to bring back. Those Golhoms that don't move, I try to pick them off Foie instead. Gifoie also does well with clearing out the boxes.

The easiest thing to do on the EX mission is just to pick a corner, pull out a bow with a fire shot and start shootin

I don't even bother with rods in this mission (except my buff rod). I bring 9 wands. Eight of the nine wands have a combination of the following: Foie, Rafoie, Gifoie, Rabarta, Gibarta, and Resta. I only use Gifoie and Gibarta on the Ageetas. The ninth wand has Diga and Reverser (Diga for Kagajibaris/Tengohgs and Reverser because people tend to get frozen/burned a lot in this mission, although sometimes using a Sol is faster).

During the EX mission I use wands with Foie/Gifoie equipped. I use Foie on the Gohmons and Gifoie when I get surrounded by Ageetas. I know I won't do as much damage as my gunner/fighter friends but at least I'm helping!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I switched to Wartecher, picked up Dus Majarra, and spammed it left and right. Works like a charm!
    Coming Soon!