Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

On 2007-10-30 09:35, Remedy wrote:
    You've got the measure of a good FT. Most people here don't. *shrug*

Unfortunately, in AotI, that list will apply to ATs and FTs will become dumbed-down nuking idiots. =/
    It'll be like PSO Rafoie all over again n.n

ima nuke head probably one of the worst ones. wont debuff because its mathematicaly impractical. yes it has is advantages but really. a death monster is the best monster. heals/reverser do come easy from me. but if your hit and theres a monster or two left. heal will come when they are death.

being a fortetecher gives me the possibility to be one of the main damage dealers.

none of the mixed classes can out damage me in 90% of the situations. period. fg? il outdamage most of the times, but its evident im doing more damage. and ff ? can i outdamage ff ?? yup i can. just pile me up enough monsters and il outdamage ultimate ff's (25/75 him doing more more damage ).

nuking idiot yes. i am the one nuking idiot that out damages most of the classes and keeps you alive and buffed.

ps.- ofcourse this variates on planets. me not that hot on neu-ll. me super hot on par-moat

Are you sure your output is that high?

Techers, especially Newman techers, are notorious for confusing big numbers with high output. They see their Diga does 2000 damage but don’t realize a Fortegunner with a crossbow gets the same damage in the time it takes for you to cast Diga and reposition yourself for the next cast nor that the Wartecher gets more damage out of Rising Strike in the time without considering the repositioning if he’s got more than 20% element. Don’t get me wrong: techers do have an incredibly high potential output on the Gi- and Dam- series, but how often do you get more than 3 enemies trapped in Dambarta? And, when you do, how long before the hunter knocks them out of it?

So, in a party, the likelihood that the fT is actually doing more damage than anyone else is inversely proportional to the number of hunters within that party. If you’re playing with 2 or more hunters, you’re most likely the lowest contributor in terms of damage, but you can easily be the highest in terms of support.

yup thats the key. high enemy count + aoe spells and keeping dps high.

knowing the map. stepping ahead with preemptive dambarta is the way to go for fire enemies. 600-1300 damage per tick on 3-8 enemies. my gi spells damage for 1200-1500 per hit. and i love to get in the middle of things and go hades on them.

if one of my teamates knocks back or launches enemies i pull out regrants. witch is the most annoying thing there is in psu. and ask them politely not to launch things. tight mob is the way to high dps. ( an all around rule ).

yeah a loot forte fighters means my dps drops. but like i said. learn to play offensively. and compliment each other. if a mele is needed help him deal damage, if a gunner is rocking. support him rock. but if theres a mob. 4 -10 or susceptible monster. witch its very very often. il kick it harder that anyone.

hehe ohh yeah bosses > me most of the time

ps.- those damage numbers are not crits. are numbers of a 95 lvl, max skills, sori tech charged, 9* (10) user.

On 2007-11-02 12:36, erickarim wrote:
    my gi spells damage for 1200-1500 per hit.
    How quickly are you hitting with those Gi? It's not a fast tech. For comparison's sake you can have fighers cranking out 600 x2 targets x7 hits in a really short span of time with Majarra... a ridiculously short time... then 1200x3 for the finisher. Are you getting 1, 1.5, or 2 techs cast in the same time?

I'm not saying Ft's don't do great damage, I want to know how it compares with state-of-the-art fighter damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-11-02 13:29 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

maj is 2x3-2x4-4x1

first strikes is 800x2x3= 4800 second is 800x4x2 = 6400 and finaly 1600 x 4 = 6400 for a total 17600 total damage if all hits. this takes them 6-7 seconds.

and its best case scenario.

best case scenario for me would be. ( magical wand (6) + pure element )

6x1400 = 8400 every 2-2.5 seconds.

best case scenario is tight. but since gi spells cover more ground that maj. and my spell always hits ( compared to maj witch mises a loot ). thats when i gain the upper hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: erickarim on 2007-11-02 13:48 ]</font>

On 2007-11-01 22:50, waluigi1 wrote:
    It seems most of the opinions of fT here say it should be focused on support above all else...but where is the rule that says fT can't be an offensive class?
    This is because pre-AoI FT is the main support class, we deal great damage, but not as much as melee. That's why there's major focus on support over damage.

Clearly though, a good Fortetecher is one that does both good healing and good damage, and at least debuffs with Zoldeel. Even in AoI and Acrotecher we will still be heavy into support techs.
    A Newman FT already heals for full hp with less than level 30 resta, level 31+ has the same range as 21+ so it's a non issue. Same thing with Reverser. The only thing AT would be better at is buffboting, and that's great for FT's because who really wants to chase around players all day trying to buff? Unless AT is broken, FT will definitely be outdamaging them with our level 40 techs, so the role of FTs being both good damage dealing and support will remain unchanged.