Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    The cutest piece of jail bait on PSU creativehope's Avatar

After reading forum after forum of being a fortetecher I have started to take my Teching abilities into question and right now I am riddled with doubt. SO I decided to ask the pso-world community "what does it take to be a good fortetecher?" I know a that quite a few things make a decent fortetecher but what makes a good one. After a while of thinking this is what I ha compiled as a to do list "in order of priority" that should be done by a techer before, in, and after combat
    Techer check list
    Before combat
    1)Buff
    2)Giresta

During combat
    1)Buff (all in need)
    2)Debuff
    3)Heal all injured beyond 50%
    4)Revererser all s.effects
    5)Heal all that have been reversered
    6)Giresta the incapacitated
    7)Heal those revived
    rebuff those who need it
    9)S.effect all enemies in range
    10)Nuke

After combat
    1)Heal
    2)Buff

and that just about the gist of what I know. While I would like to do all these things I simply cant due to technic reasons like my giresta isnt fully lvled and my debuffs arent lvled at all so there goes that and I do miss buffing opportunities during combat. I am not sure about my other shortcomings. So my questions are.......

1) what are my number 1 requirements as a techer
    2) Are debuffs a money maker or breaker
    3) Not that I take shortcuts but are there some things that I can go without s of now.

I guess those are my biggest concerns. any decent input on this topic will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

inb4'ACROTECHER HAS LVL 40 GO ASK THEM TO HEAL!'ppl
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

lol well acrotecher isnt here now. besides just because acrotechers support is better doesnt mean that I cant do it too

I've found that my fT's role greatly depends on what kind of party I'm with.

If you're the only fT, you get to be busy. In my opinion, priority should be keeping everyone alive and buffed, then resort to nuking and/or debuffing. In a good party you'll be nuking 90% of the time anyway.

If there's multiple fTs in the party, perhaps you could work out splitting the duties. One person plays a supportive role in buffing/debuffing, the other lets loose with the nukes, but both of you cover healing/reviving.

That's just my opinion though, the most important thing is that you're having fun.

Well I do have fun, I just dont want to be a liability to the party. I have been on this game for a long time, about 3 days after it came out actually, but I have a lot of fun with my friends but just for the sake of being a good attribute to the party. thats all. besides I plan to make a more friends and also meet a specific someone although I am not sure he's been on lately and well i would like to make a good first impression

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

You've got the measure of a good FT. Most people here don't. *shrug*

Unfortunately, in AotI, that list will apply to ATs and FTs will become dumbed-down nuking idiots. =/

On 2007-10-30 09:34, creativehope wrote:
    Well I do have fun, I just dont want to be a liability to the party. I have been on this game for a long time, about 3 days after it came out actually, but I have a lot of fun with my friends but just for the sake of being a good attribute to the party. thats all. besides I plan to make a more friends and also meet a specific someone although I am not sure he's been on lately and well i would like to make a good first impression
    Keep everyone healed, try and buff people when their buffs run out as opposed to only at the beginning and end of missions, debuff on dangerous enemies (not on every single thing), and you're going to make a lot of friends.

Tech Slot 1: Diga/Foie/Barta/
    Tech slot 2: any Gi-tech
    Tech slot 3: reverser/ra-tech
    Tech slot 4: Resta

Rod setup I usually use. Works rather well for keeping people alive and attacking.

well my rod setups are okay. So far I just have every rod set as a pure element. krud I forgot to mention that my zonde techs are also low, the highest (razonde) being 24 but that the only one above lvl 21 and I also got rid of a debuff, cant remember which one. it sucks only having 36 skill slots

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

On 2007-10-30 09:49, creativehope wrote:
    well my rod setups are okay. So far I just have every rod set as a pure element.
    You're doing it wrong, then, little one. <3