View Poll Results: As we all know, Activision bought the rights to Guitar Hero (part of the Red Octane buyout, somehow)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • They did pretty well, for a first time.

5 50.00%
  • It makes me wish there was more emo music.

1 10.00%
  • MOAR DRAGONF0RCE!!!!11

4 40.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As we all know, Activision bought the rights to Guitar Hero (part of the Red Octane buyout, somehow), and passed development responsibilities to Neversoft, they came out with Guitar Hero III.

After bastardizing at least one character design outright, removing two well-made characters completely, and adding in a completely unnecessary and horribly unbalanced multiplayer mode that's almost entirely based on luck, how does everyone think they did?

I've only played the demo, but I wasn't too big on it.

Obviously the gameplay didnt really change in it. I got bored of that other multiplayer mode too and me and my bud just went back to head to head mode for more fun. The thing is, the art? Like, the characters doing shit? It looks so fucking atrocious compared to Guitar Hero 2. It's like they tried to take the cartoony style and combine it with a realistic style and they came up with something that should have been drug out in the street and mercy-killed.

Also, sure I think DragonForce is OK, but the song they chose is a terrible song of theirs. Instead of picking one of the songs of theirs that sounds the same as every other one, they could've picked one that actually sounds different. Oh well, I guess.

I'm just gonna save my money for Rock Band instead of picking this one up.

Ok, I agree on every part of Scrub's post except the first line and the second paragraph.

The art was atrocious. Horrible. Again, should be killed. I don't care how it happens. Just does. Kill it. Now.

And on DragonForce: I love DragonForce. Through the Fire and Flames works just dandy for me. Perhaps Operation Ground and Pound or something but for a first appearance, it plays quite well. I'd love to see more of their songs.

EDIT: I also love the variety of music in this one more than the other 2. More recent stuff and lots of the old good stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-11-02 15:15 ]</font>

They did change a few aspects about the gameplay - mostly in timing, and use of the whammy bar.

...For example, all HOPOs are (supposedly) based on whether or not you can actually HOPO that part of the song... Which results in some rather long delays between strumming a note, and being able to play the next note as a hammer-on/pull-off. Also of note, would be the complete removal of having to time such a note change correctly - as long as you have the HOPO note held down before the note comes across, you'll hit it, whereas in Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II, you had to actually press the note at the right time.

...And on the note of Dragonforce, a friend of mine challenged me to a Pro Face-Off on the song, on expert. Not only did I win, but I also had the best average score multiplyer ever:

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Guitar Hero 3... I have never played that game before, so I don't know what to say about it. However, someday I will try the game out, someday..

The birds in that game dress nicely. That's what I think. :E

Impulse is the best song, (not a player,)

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Down for the Getdown

WAY TO MILK A FRANCHISE!

The chick in the bar who dances around seriously pisses me off...

But, I'm glad for a more diverse song list and the upped difficulty level. And the guitars are really good too. Just why did they take out mah chars? There was like, no point in taking them out

Can't wait for Rock Band though, seriously looking forward to it.

Hmm...a friend of mine was telling me about Dragonforce and how wtfawesome they are. Now I know how he came to like them and all I can say to him is
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm