View Poll Results: As we all know, Activision bought the rights to Guitar Hero (part of the Red Octane buyout, somehow)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • They did pretty well, for a first time.

5 50.00%
  • It makes me wish there was more emo music.

1 10.00%
  • MOAR DRAGONF0RCE!!!!11

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not played yet ( @ EU release date), but Neversoft ruined Judy, and removed my Pandora. The tracks had better make up for it.

Through the Fire and Flames looks hard, maybe not as hard as Jordan, but not sure. Can't wait to try Raining Blood though. But yeah, EU release date sucks.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I'm still busy playing PSU.. and kind of HALO 3..

Just tell me if it's better or worse than GH2, keeping in mind that I'm only a Hard-level player at the moment.

I really just want the wireless guitar more than the game, but eh.

I like it, but thats not to say that I don't think rock band will blow it out of the water :/

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I tried to find a copy for the Wii, but they were sold out everywhere in my town. I found tons of 360 and PS2 version. I'm pretty sure Activition understalked the Wii versions for some reason.

I've got the Wii version of the game, and I'm quite pleased with it. Playing Through the Fire and Flames for the first time after I beat the game on Medium was awesome for me. :3 The rest of the playlist is quite good as well... the only song I really hate doing so far is Story of My Life cuz it's so damn long and repetitive... >_<

I was kinda bummed out that they took out Pandora and that one 60's dude (forgot his name), but I thought Midori and the unlockable characters were pretty cool (is Grim Ripper still on there?? D= ). I also thought the guitar battles were a cool new addition. Finally, I loved the addition of an online mode, as I tend to be very competitive in video games. >:3

Oh yeah - my Wii Friend Code for the game is 296467497702 if any of you guys wanna add me. I'm not that great on Hard or Expert yet, but I'm getting there. =P

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

From what I've heard, the Grim Ripper and the God of Rock aren't available on the PS2 and Wii versions. Apparently, they get a robot and an Elvis impersonator, instead.

...And for those of you still on the fence about whether Rock Band will really blow Guitar Hero out of the water or not, go to a Best Buy - they have demo stations set up in most of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2007-11-04 12:10 ]</font>

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I'm really enjoying Guitar Hero III. It took me awhile to warm up to the playlist though. As I started to progress further down the list I got to hear some recent songs. Oh, and uh...hard mode is uh...harder on here. On Guitar Hero II I was on my way into expert, but damn...I feel like I got knocked back a peg after playing hard mode on GH III.

Xbox Live Face-Offs FTW!

I think South Park pretty much got it right

THE JACKEL

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

They needed way more Randy rocking out.
    My better is better than your better.