View Poll Results: Please explain your reasoning.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 26.79%
  • no

41 73.21%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Errors are bound to happen in Programming. Game programming can be very tedious and fickle. Anything that results from the programming that is not AS DESIGNED by the design team, is a bug. A bug is an undesired effect from programming, and they are inevitable. No game is 100% bug free.

Exploiting bugs for personal benefit or entertainment in Online games is highly frowned upon, not only by players, but by the Developers as well. Exploiting a bug is an illegitimate way to play the game, since you are not playing as you were designed to. Exploiting bugs for personal benefit makes you privy to account banning and suspension. Anyone banned for such behavior are getting their just deserts.

There is no two ways around it. Exploiting bugs is Illegitimate. More often then not, people who say otherwise are exploiters of the bugs and are just trying to justify their illegitimate behavior.

Play the game as it is meant to be played, and there is no problem.

On 2007-11-12 16:11, Kikumaru wrote:
    Since apparently, the previous two posters didn't read over this, I'm going to quote something Sychosis quoted:

On 2007-11-04 14:08, Sychosis wrote:
    Pursuant to the terms of the PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Subscriber Agreement and Terms of Service (the "Subscriber Agreement"), by accessing the online features of PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE (the "Program"), you are prohibited from engaging in any of the below conduct while using or not using the Program, without the prior written approval of SEGA.

9. Exploiting a bug in the Program or server to gain any advantage, including communicating the existence of any such bug, in any form, to another user or to a third party.
    There's nothing wrong with stumbling across something and going, "oops?", however..it's a TOTALLY different scenario when someone begins exploiting the glitch to gain an advantage.

Just clearing that up.
    and just clearing something up,
    that's sega saying
    "We suck and probably made mistakes, but please don't abuse it because when you find it we may have no idea how to fix it for awhile. While other companies would fix it immediately, it'll take us a month or two, so you're not allowed to abuse it."

seriously, they screwed up, if they ban someone for it, it's absurd.

THE JACKEL

Legit? No. But then neither is buying meseta online...

Fun? HELL YEAH!

Unfair Advantage? Define "fair", which life is not, if no one's noticed by now. If it took modification of the system's hardware and/or tinkering with your net connection, which is above and beyond many people, then I'd be inclined to say yes. But it is, in fact, a very simple button trick that anyone can learn. Anybody is capable of doing it, and if you don't know how and want to learn...heck, there's plenty of people in any Uni 01 lobby who could teach you. Now if this were actually a PvP game like Halo, I'd go so far as to call it "unsportsmanlike" (the distinction Bungie gave to superjumping). But it's not even that. So I will not regard it as "unfair".

Ban-worthy?!?! Please...If Sega gave half a [CENSORED] about punishing people for abusing the game, characters like ZT and his groupies would be long gone...

Then let's consider all the hacks who bought their meseta on eBay and other websites and turned this game's economy into a quaint mockery of the real world. (You're either super-rich and connected or inherently screwed...)

Here's an analogy to chew on...did Bungie ever ban anyone from Halo 2 for superjumping? (Then again this is Sega we're talking about...for shame, I compared them to an actual half-compotent company.)

My stance on the whole issue is a live and let live one. If you wanna use it, knock yourself out. If you don't, hey...cool. But then please stop whining at people who do! Nobody's forcing you to play with them, now are they?

i agree kikumaru that action should be taken against cheaters who exploit the glitch

What i want to know is... what is megiverse stacking? Not how to do it, but what it does.

And yeah, the mechgun glitch is amazingly stupid, but it was funny to watch. The goggles glitch was just as bad, and im glad its out of the way. Its not legit no matter how you look at it, but yet you can't stop people from using it... we are human, and humans tend to be very stupid XD

Fatty Acids

same thing happens to me and now im scared to whip out my lil Uzi

that glitch has been out since beggining of game. then some dude is like whoa im gonna post this on the internet then every1 is gonna do it. then sega is like holy*bleep*!!! we gotta stop this! so they decide to fix one way of doing it but they're to lazy to fix the other half. so the legacy of the infinite uzi lives on. oh and megiverse stacking is when u can cast multiple megiverse by button combo of swiching wand/rod so u can have like 5 megiverse doing damage insted of 1. wow i wish i took typing lessons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcm5 on 2007-12-03 23:31 ]</font>

i agree that it isnt legit, but it would be damn near impossible to take action against everyone who had used it. just think of how many people used it at one point or another especially during 1up. it would be terrible for the game and bad business practice to ban any and everyone who used it

okay seriously. havent most of us here been through this 700million times!?

just go to the topic/thread, that has the title "mechgun glitch still in aol" and read my last comment on there, cause im not wasting my time retyping this stuff over, and over, and over, and OVER again lol

anywho, have a nice day lol

On 2007-11-05 20:54, SJW89 wrote:
    Yes, because it's part of the game, and who knows if it's meant to be there or not. SEGA has NEVER mentioned the glitch being a mistake.
    Great reasoning.