Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Regarding to the latest (Friday, October 26 @ 06:02 PDT) news (posted on this site) I guess the XBox 360 Version won't have an offline story mode, will it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2007-11-05 07:35 ]</font>

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

nope

Would there be any problem if you have the XBox 360 normal version but buy the AoI PC version e.g. or would I have some restrictions then?
    Btw. why not?

I was actually wondering about that myself..I just assumed they wouldn't do anything that stupid.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

They probably didn't include it as the size of the download would've been a lot larger with all of the cutscenes from the story mode added.

Dat Guy, wit duh Newman! BaconZero's Avatar

On 2007-11-05 07:46, JAFO22000 wrote:
    They probably didn't include it as the size of the download would've been a lot larger with all of the cutscenes from the story mode added.
    thats probably the case, cuz most dont own a 120gb hard drive...and then there are those that buy the movies and the expansion levels for other games too. And considering the size of the PC version (9gbs), that would really kill all the space on the hard drive itself. and if you still play Final Fantasy XI, then dont even thing about it for cutscenes for offline, lmao.

On 2007-11-05 07:46, JAFO22000 wrote:
    Indeed, and I'm good paying only 20 bucks for it.

And with any luck, we should get the content from AoI offline mode added onto our extra mode.

Even if that doesn't happen, I honestly wouldn't care that much anyway.

oh well, the only reason i'd want the story mode is too hear what Laia sounds like. Other than that...i've done all the missions online anyways

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2007-11-05 09:09, New_One wrote:
    oh well, the only reason i'd want the story mode is too hear what Laia sounds like. Other than that...i've done all the missions online anyways
    I would assume you will hear her voice at the end of each mission you invite her in, much like you hear Leo/Tonnio/Lou and all the rest of the characters for which they had real voice actors. I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not, but I'm sure someone on the JP version could verify if this is true.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to play the offline version, just get the PC or PS2 version of the expansion...in a couple of months they should be pretty cheap.

I would think they will do something to compensate for the no offline story for the 360. Besides its not like you can't just find a friend who has the PC or PS2 verisons of the game and play the story mode that way.