I don't know how many people are going to be interested in this here. Figure I'll give it a try anyway.

After the crap that Knights Kingdom was, the new Lego Castle sets, along with a few of the Viking sets, have gotten me back into the mood for building again.

Or at least, decorating a little.

I took some pictures today of a project I've been working on for sixteen years
    now. It's not as impressive as a lot of the castles I see on Brickshelf (I
    seriously get jealous over some of the things I see there, so if you've got some time, and are interested, check that site out), but some of you guys might like it.

Right now I have 77 standards on the castle, and the four that aren't on the
    walls right now are packed away in storage until I can get a bigger place. That comprises all of the royal houses that the Lego company has created since the advent of the minifigure in 1978. This is kind of like a historical piece in that sense.

I first started building this the day my older sister moved out of the house to work in California for the summer. I was 14 at the time, had just gotten out of school, and had a whole summer before me. It was kind of like a symbol of freedom, in that I was out of reach of my sister bitching at me all the time. I hooked it up with a bunch of Lego Lighting bricks to give it some life, giving it three working fireplaces, and some candle brackets. I'm currently in the process of adding lighting to the stables, and the medical room at the top of the tower on the left. When that's in place, the stained glass figure of the old night from set 383, known only for the symbol on his chest, and a set of flags, will be projected onto the nearby walls. Of course, the colors are kind of backwards on the stained glass in comparison to the original, but that's ok.

As time went on, it became a monument for unity. It was a castle for everyone, no matter where they had come from in the Lego world, or time period, family, nationality they had come from (indeed, a few of the shields were not released in the US). It sticks as that as the company moves into more fantasy realms in creating different races of characters.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...i?f=283956&n=0

I had an idea some years back to build a large mountain for the castle to rest upon. As you can see, that hasn't happened yet, and it won't any time soon. I simply don't have the room to build a convincing looking five foot tall mountain to place it on at the moment. Besides that, it's getting to the point where the castle is going to need to be expanded in order to free it from clutter as more and more standards are released.

So this collection of shields includes castle, pirate, wild west, ninja, orient, viking, harry potter, town, and star wars lines.

Brickshelf is tight, but I couldn't view your folder. I'll try it from home later so I can check out your work.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Looks like it's all been approved for viewing now, Owsla. I completely forgot that Brickshelf blocks viewers until they've looked at it themselves.