Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

On 2007-11-11 00:03, Sord wrote:
    Spoiler!

of course, if I'm wrong in what I think you're trying to say, by all means tell me when you feel up to it. I don't mind a 13,000 word page if it really is that long. I'm the last one to pull a tl;dnr on an answer to a question I asked.
    I think you've got the general idea of what I'm saying, though I also think that you've perhaps over-examined it. The essential idea is that the Creator must necessarily be able to travel to the ends of time with greater ease than you or I might travel across the room. He can pluck out bits of it, and alter things as desired, to achieve an effect later on in the timeline.

The logic for why this is necessary goes something like this: Time must necessarily have a beginning. It is, after all, defined by beginnings and ends. Likewise, everything in the universe, necessarily, has a beginning and an end, including the universe itself. If we consider the universe and time prior to their starts, we find that there can be nothing-- there is no space or time for anything to exist within. Without a Creative Power of some sort, we are left to assume that time and the universe began without any source or inspiration. The Big Bang Theory is all well and good, but it still doesn't explain how anything arrived.

We are therefore required to identify the existence of something that can produce the universe. By whatever power of creation it may happen to posess, it was able to bring something from nothingness. In order for this to occur, however, this being must requisitely be independent of these things that it is creating, as they are insufficient to harbor its existence.

Because this being is independent of time, it does not require a beginning or an end to exist-- these are temporal properties, and the being in question is non-temporal. The being also does not require energy or mass to exist-- these are physical properties, and this being is non-physical.

There's another aspect of this whole thing that I'd really like to point out and discuss, but I feel that I will be unable to, until I can wrap my mind around it a bit more firmly.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Interesting. Quite interesting. I definitely need to spend more time studying and thinking about metaphysics.

I approve of this thread.

On 2007-11-10 18:26, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    I think it goes that god existed before even time and space themselves.

So as far as I know, no.
    if this is the case wouldnt that mean that god caused the extinction of dinosaurs? the existance of dinosaurs is a hurdle i could never get over when it comes to non pagan religeons. this combined with the many different races of humans on this planet makes me wonder if something along the lines of the gods in stargate is closer to reality.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Er, dinosaurs didn't exist before time. >_>;

On 2007-11-14 06:45, Alisha wrote:
    if this is the case wouldnt that mean that god caused the extinction of dinosaurs? the existance of dinosaurs is a hurdle i could never get over when it comes to non pagan religeons. this combined with the many different races of humans on this planet makes me wonder if something along the lines of the gods in stargate is closer to reality.
    Well, there's a few things to consider here. The general idea is that the dinosaurs died out due to some cataclysmic event, but that may or may not be true. It is also likely that as Earth's environment changed over the eons, they simply bred down in size, and came to extinction slowly. Another consideration, is that many of them could be fairly common reptiles that still exist today, but conditions at the time allowed them to live long enough to reach enormous sizes-- reptiles never stop growing.

It is likely that some dinosaurs existed alongside mankind. The Bible mentions enormous beasts like Leviathan and Behemoth, and our myths, legends and various folklores are filled with tales about dragons. Let's also not forget about things like the Loch Ness Monster, and the massive creatures sometimes found in the seas.

Truth be told, most species of dinosaur that survived whatever circumstances killed most of them off, have probably been hunted into extinction by mankind, with only a few struggling specimens left behind.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016