Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

I'm sure there are a couple of people that have went through this, so...here's the scenario.

I'm probably going to be getting a PS3 for my birthday next month and it will be one of those 20GB models, so I can still have backwards compatibility with PSU. However...

I'm not familiar with these machines at ALL, so..could someone please explain to me how I can transfer my data from my PS2 memory card to my PS3? I know the PS3 doesn't have memory card slots, so..how would I go about doing this?

Any help in this matter is much appreciated

get memory card adapter for PS3...

get memory card adapter for PS3... here is the link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5366728

I think the PS3 can manipulate the data on other Playstation memory cards. It is backwards compatible, after all. Probably a port connected to the hard drive. I've never held a PS3, so don't take this as fact until a PS3 owner posts.

stupid multiple posts sorry

Ya need to buy the Memory Card Adapater which is like $10 these days and plug it into the usb cable that comes with the system then put a memory card in that. When in the XMB under the games category you go under Memory Card Utility and it should detect the card in the adapter. Press triangle then hit copy / yes then name the new virtual memory card whatever ya like and it'll do its thing! I think the only thing it didn't copy over for me is the Your Network Configuration file so you'll have to set that back up.

On 2007-11-14 08:59, Kikumaru wrote:

I'm not familiar with these machines at ALL, so..could someone please explain to me how I can transfer my data from my PS2 memory card to my PS3? I know the PS3 doesn't have memory card slots, so..how would I go about doing this?

Sony sells a USB memory card reader separate. It should run you around fourteen or so dollars. Also, if you play on an HD television your resolution will be bumped down from (assuming it is) 1080i to a value around 400something. I cant remember the specific number.

Oh, look at that. An adapter is the answer!

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

I'm assuming the way you plug it up and the way it works is pretty self-explanatory? I just don't want it to be some 15 step process, lol. It's good to ask about these sorts of things though, cause I don't want to mess up my data in the process of the transfer.

It looks like it would be pretty easy though.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: A couple of people posted while I was in the middle of typing this, so it has already been explained how it works.

Mods can go ahead and lock or delete this thread now.

Thanks again, guys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-11-14 09:25 ]</font>