Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

maybe, cause they probably get all the drops during their runs, it may take longer but overall their spoils are all theirs. therefore they probably get richer faster, while still leveling at a steady rate, plus no chance of ppl going ahead of finishing mobs they didn't hit. and stuff like that.

but ya any solo players who see any benefits from soloing online?

Wow, a Saner post... This takes me way back...

Oh right... You asked a question...

I guess it depends on what you're looking for, I mean soloing isn't all that bad, but it really does get boring. If you include the mission reward in the spoils... I'd say you'd benefit more from group runs because you're going to finish quicker... And more then likely the meseta reward at the end is going to outweigh most of what you get during a run in the lower levels. At higher levels, most of the things you'll want you'd need to go on multiple runs for... So it's better to take some friends then go it alone...

Soloing makes me cry and i've seen more rares in a party then by myself.

Sure, the spoils is one person's and theirs alone, but what do the spoils consist of? Common rares? Good weapons? Armor boards? Units? Considering how often the good stuff drops to begin with, probably better to party up with a couple good friends and just go hunting. I remember soloing Demons Above an innumerable amount of times for a Me/Quick and never getting it, but partying up on Deadly Brilliance and nabbing it no problem.

I suppose soloing would be the better option if it weren't so long and boring to get what you want out of it.

I solo a lot b/c of my connection (dial-up, yes I fail). For the most part, u really don't gain money but u do get the drops which makes worth time. I've done 265 SW S2 runs (95% solo'd) and I've gotten almost 12 Sranks from there but no Psycho. It really depends how bad u want the weapon. If solo, u have a definite chance of getting it but joining a random party, and ur chances of getting the weapon u want is lowered severly. I usually have a group of friends who help me though but I solo if they aren't online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: str898mustang on 2007-11-14 21:46 ]</font>
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Solo if nobody in my guild is available (or I'm too low level).

In terms of 1up Cup, the loot is... not great, but EXP is nice

It seems partying up yields better drops, but there's no backing for that other than you'll more than likely be killing stuff faster/getting more runs done faster. Just a placebo effect. =p

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

Enemies have ridiculous amount of hp at high levels which isn't very fun alone

The only benefit to play solo online is that the player gets to keep all of the spoils at the end of the mission. Other than that, it is completely disadvantageous, because the amount of meseta and experience points gained will be at extra minimal level.

Needs more hamburgers.